Author Topic: Mountain Man Walking Stick  (Read 1237 times)

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
Mountain Man Walking Stick
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:32:40 pm »
Another piece of sourwood firewood for you to look at.  Smooth as a babys butt and covered in tru oil.  It started out a bit dark and the tru oil almost made it too dark.  Thanks for looking.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: Mountain Man Walking Stick
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:49:08 pm »
I like it!!! I'd find something around here to trade for that baby. My old knees are about worn out and that there would get me over the hills and through the dells in style 8)>>>----->
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:20:32 pm »
Thanks Fred, but I don't think you would want to lug it around.  I'm thinking this weighs in at about three and a half pounds.   I have a couple more I am going to post in the next day or two.  Maybe you will like one of them.  If not, I could always make one very close to this one for ya.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 10:38:01 pm »
We'll be watching closely, just let me know. I could use a heavy like that to club those damned coons and squirrels that have been raiding my sweet corn. If I can't reach them I'll throw it at em,
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline silverfox

• Ohio Subscription #108669
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 09:03:38 pm »
What a great job, your carvings are awesome.
New to all of this primitive stuff. Just taking it all in, and learning every time I come here.

Subscription # 108669

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 10:03:27 pm »
Looks sharp Eddie.