Author Topic: traffic on "bows"  (Read 10336 times)

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
traffic on "bows"
« on: July 18, 2014, 04:12:09 am »
Traffic getting faster and faster here on this site.
I cannot be here every day, so at least for me following every thread is not possible.
I propably missed a lot of interesting bows .....

What do you think about dividing the bow section. For example in Experienced/ Newbie. Or perhaps better cut off a representation, or a reference section. Or what about cut out the FAQ, like "is fast flite a good string material?"

what do you think?
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: traffic on "bows"
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 06:22:01 am »
I know what you mean, but I'm not sure there is a good easily defined division. Unless maybe finished bows for show is separated out.
Many posts cross boundaries, sort of what do you think of this? Rather than an explicit tiller help question.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 08:06:17 am »
I know what you mean too
and think we should  so lets put some thought into the best way to divide things out
there may already be enough categories , we may just need to better utilize them !
Or maybe not
lets put our thinking caps on and help the mods out with some good thoughts !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline BarredOwl

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 08:23:45 am »
Sounds like you guys are looking to start an "Advanced Bowyers" forum?  I think the bigger problem is a fairly poor search function.  I am a new bowyer and I try my best to find previous posts that answer my questions but I rarely ever find much when I use the search function.  Just suggestions and thoughts. 

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 09:21:47 am »
Perhaps a finished only bows section to goggle over and then all other bowyer related things can be posted here.. That way if you just want to see who has finished up bows you can skip right to it.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 09:36:24 am »
I see what you guys are saying, but the fact that there is no separation is what makes this site different from the rest.  I think a lot more knowledge is spread this way and it is easier for someone new to get help.  I know personally if there was a finished bow section that is where I would spend 99% of my time on here.  I feal I would miss out on a lot of stuff because it wouldn't be right in front of me.  So as for me I like it all lumped together.  Maybe if the new finished bows were highlighted but still lumped together.  Something like that might work, but I don't know. 

Offline Oglala Bowyer

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 10:21:55 am »
I actually never had any qualms about the site. Basically, if it's not broke don't fix it.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 10:26:31 am »
PA once had a beginner's section but no longer. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 10:31:04 am »
I would hate to see skill levels separated, that's not cool or possible. Who is the judge there? But I would like to see what I mentioned above. Just stuff everybody's  finished bows in another gallery.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline George Tsoukalas

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 10:34:15 am »
Well, it was just a place where people could ask questions. Jawge
Set Happens!

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 10:35:36 am »
That's not a bad idea Chris.  Would you put all the bows of the past in there too or just stat from now on?  Like a reference area

blackhawk

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 10:59:22 am »
I'm fine with the way things are...nothing seems broke around here to me  ??? I'd be against it...do we really need another sub forum??? That just seems to never do much good splitting things up more..I've seen it in the past with other sites

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 11:05:03 am »
What if you didn't split things up but created an archive area just for finished bows.  Once a finished bow reaches say page five or ten on the old posts.  Move it to a finished bow archive that you can not reply to anymore.  That way you aren't cutting things up but simply adding another reference.  Just a thought.  I like things the way they are too.  This would just get both sides happy (in theory)  :)

Offline bubby

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 01:06:17 pm »
I think it's fine like it is, lots of great bows in bom with links to the builds, as far as the search function it kinda sucks, if you google your ? The pa link will come up, lots easier that way
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline George Tsoukalas

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 01:10:19 pm »
If it ain't broke don't fix it. I agree. Jawge
Set Happens!