Author Topic: Happy 4th! post your festivities here.  (Read 3871 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Happy 4th! post your festivities here.
« on: July 04, 2014, 12:45:10 pm »
Happy independence day you all! Be safe, and keep all your fingers! Mojam is just 10 days away and you will need them.

I am having some family come in from out of town that I don't get to see but once in a blue moon. My youngest sister, (which is mentally handicapped) who I just love to death and her husband and her mother and father in-law. We are having a big dinner and where I live I can watch the city fireworks clearly from my back yard. I'm smoking my famous ribs, with all of the other homemade fixings to go with it. Then tomorrow we are all going to silver dollar city in Branson, Mo. Which is only 30 min from my house. It will be a good time and I can't wait to get it started.

Post your 4th festivities here, I'll put up some pics later.
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline YosemiteBen

Re: Happy 4th! post your festivities here.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 03:34:34 pm »
I am working in Yosemite Valley in Yosemite National Park. Fireworks are banned in Mariposa County which is good as this year we are in extreme fire danger status. Lots of visitors. Y'all come visit!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 05:30:22 pm »
That sounds like fun Ben! Maybe one of these years I can crime the family up there. Would knte to see it.

I also want to say thank you, to all of the men and women that have served in the armed forces. Also a special thanks to those who have fallen in the line of duty and to their families for paying the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom! And a Semper Fi to all of my brother's out there!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 05:46:16 pm »
My wife went to work for the first half of the day and I ruined my 3rd try at completing a TG trade bow and my deadline in July 11.
 I think we'll celebrate tomorrow.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 06:20:54 pm »
Captured another swarm of bees at about noon today.  That makes three for the year!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 06:57:48 pm »
Wow JW! you must be a BUZZard of a beekeeper!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 07:39:17 pm »
Sorry to hear that Pat, you will get it this time.

JW, are you going to mojam? Do you make honey! If so I could use a fresh jar of honey!?

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 07:44:06 pm »
RIBS!!

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 07:47:51 pm »
My nephew and a black racer I caught.  He was real curious

The food

Here's the whole gang together.  We got them all from my great grandmother in the middle to my nephew that my dad is holding.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline JEB

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 10:37:56 pm »
Spent the morning trying to kill poison ivy around the hunting camp.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 01:16:12 am »
Well it was one of those night's where everything went so good and you was so tied up in what was going on that I didn't get to take any pictures. We had an awesome dinner and a dip in the pool. Shot off several fireworks and watched a bunch more. The city firework show was awesome, even better because we could watch it from my back yard. Good times and a lot of fun with the family. Now for silver dollar city tomorrow! 

Offline Patches

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 12:46:59 pm »
Lebhuntfish...any chance you are bringing your smoker to mojam?  :) those ribs look awesome! Glad you had a good 4th!
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 01:15:44 pm »
Thanks patches, it was a lot of fun. I wouldn't care to bring my smoker but it's kinda small. Maybe next year, I'll get a big one, and he everyone pitches in with some meat I'll do the smoking! I'm just as excited for mojam as I was to see the family for the 4th.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 08:36:32 pm »
We had all of the Kids at the Alexacarrie Plantation for the annual Youth Ham Slam. Some nice hogs killed by the girls. Wade's Daughter got four, and helped skin them. Cait's a regular killin' machine.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Zuma

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 10:02:54 pm »
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.