Author Topic: 45 DAYS LEFT TILL THE DEADLINE!!!!!  (Read 13304 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: 45 DAYS LEFT TILL THE DEADLINE!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 04:05:39 pm »
I know a guy that has two Newfoundland dogs.  Do you drool like them, Bushie?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 04:24:18 pm »
just sounded like you just harvest green wood that you were gonna use to make a bow instead of seasoned.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 04:50:00 pm »
just about dry enough.....no worries.... 8)
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 05:04:36 pm »
This time it is the dog jerking somebody's chain!

Offline 4dog

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 05:19:46 pm »
Ha!   ;)
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 05:35:28 pm »
Man that deadline is coming up fast. I am glad I was first to ship. Hope everyone gets there bow .

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 05:50:55 pm »
Jon, it's not a mater of receiving, it's a matter of people getting in the trade JUST to get a bow and not honoring their word, and as good a group as we have here, it always happens, always, I don't know how a guy can live with himself after that, I'll get off the soapbox now, bub

And that's why I personally do not partake in any of these things.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 06:13:11 pm »
Jon, it's not a mater of receiving, it's a matter of people getting in the trade JUST to get a bow and not honoring their word, and as good a group as we have here, it always happens, always, I don't know how a guy can live with himself after that, I'll get off the soapbox now, bub

That's why I also try and stay away from trades, been burnt too many times.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 06:24:40 pm »
Keep it up guys and next year trade will be by invite only. 45 days to go I have a feeling a lot will fulfill there duty.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 06:30:27 pm »
Keep it up guys and next year trade will be by invite only. 45 days to go I have a feeling a lot will fulfill there duty.

thats not a bad idea but too many people would get mad if they were left out.

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 06:56:09 pm »

I don't understand why anyone on here would ever do that??? For one, if someone is lurking on here for a while, they eventually have to catch on that making bows can be as fun/ maybe even funner than actually shooting them...  and then the one's that you make are even funner to shoot because you made it! Really these people are ripping themselves off.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2014, 07:18:00 pm »
   I've been involved in PA bow trades in one way or another since the first one and in every trade there have been deadbeats that have received and never sent a bow or never intended to send in the first place. All they want is for someone to give them one for free. Which are you!... or has life gotten in the way. If that is the case, have you notified Jordan to let him know about your circumstances. I believed Jordan ask folks in the beginning to keep him posted with their progress.  We've had many months to get a bow built and sent to another PA member.    I applaud Jordan for stepping up and reminding folks that time is running out. He has actually done you guys a favor by reminding you. Jordan has volunteered to run this trade with help from a few friends, to keep up with each participant and their bow trade status. He does this in his spare time...like any of us have spare time these days. He is a married man with children and a real job.  If you were in his shoes you would understand so please try to put yourself in his shoes and help make this tedious job a bit easier for Jordan and friends. Since you are not in his shoes do what you promised when you signed up. Go read the rules for this trade and ask yourself if you are following the rules and if you are a man of your word.  Please get the best bow you can build finished and shipped to your recipient. They disserve a new bow just like you.
 At some point in the near future I will be sending out PMs to folks that are not keeping their word.  Don't make me go there!  >:(
 We here at PA are a family and most of us will go out of our way to help those who need help.  ...and to those that don't participate just because they may have been stiffed, I think you are entering for the wrong reason.  I get in these bow trades to help newbies build up their confidence as wood bow builders because they might be building a bow for one of you more accomplished bowers. That is pretty intimidating for these new guys and most swallow that pill and produce their best bow to date for their recipient. I have probably 50 selfbows, backed bows or wood lam-bows(most from other folks) and don't really need a bow, and if I don't receive one in the trade I'm OK with that. That's not why I signed up...and when I signed up for the trade I promised to build the best bow I can for my recipient. No questions asked!!!
  From the very beginning I have emphasized that it is not about the bow you receive, it is about you building the best bow you can build for your recipient. PERIOD!!!  Lets get on the stick and see this bow trade to completion with all parties involved satisfied that they have sent out the best bow they can build for their recipient.
   We have had folks suggest we hold this trade by invitation only or have two categories; newbies in one group and seasoned bowyers in another. As long as I am part of the PA Bow Trade these things will never happen. Both suggestions go against the spirit of the trade. The PA Bow Trade has always been and as far as I am concerned will always be open to anyone that wants to enter with some qualifications. If you don't like this, don't get in. I promise you won't be misses!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2014, 07:26:15 pm »
      We have had folks suggest we hold this trade by invitation only or have two categories; newbies in one group and seasoned bowyers in another. As long as I am part of the PA Bow Trade these things will never happen. Both suggestions go against the spirit of the trade. The PA Bow Trade has always been and as far as I am concerned will always be open to anyone that wants to enter with some qualifications. If you don't like this, don't get in. I promise you won't be misses!  ;)

I will stand shoulder to shoulder with Pat on that hill and hold that line. 

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2014, 07:47:03 pm »
i almost cried Pat lol, thank you. last year, i had to make a bow for KEENAN!!! that was intimidating, but it also made me step up and make the best bow i could and it helped me take the next step as a bowyer.

and i will put this out there because i know everyone is thinking it lol. i have not shipped my bow yet either so ill let you in on why. A. im getting divorced. B. i  moved out and left my work bench and tillering tree behind because i couldnt bring it with me(i just got a T stick from bubby today, thanks old man). C. if im not doing OT on the weekends im visiting my son and or daughter.
now the reason im telling everyone this is so you dont think im some hypocrite getting pushy with people but not doing as he says himslef.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2014, 08:53:33 pm »
  I sent my trade bow off early for PA but I still am working on my TG trade bow, due July 11. I have built two complete bows for the TG trade but I didn't think that either were worthy. I gave them to friends. I'm getting close on a 66" osage with flipped tips, within 6# to 8#. It will go out on time. I have posted my results from each bow and keep Kelly posted on my progress with this one. Communication is the key to a successful bow trade.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC