Author Topic: About those rigid handles/ 55" bow 45#@27" / 1" set....get the popcorn  (Read 2785 times)

Offline half eye

Hey fellas, ya know I like my bendies but thought I'd have me some fun with a rigid handle shorty. This was a hickory board that we quartersawed about a year ago. Has a bunch of defects in one limb but anyway it's a bow and shoots OK for a rigid handle >:D

Started as a 62-1/2" molly, and the levers got shortened to the current 55" overall ntn. Bow draws 45# @ 27"....didn't want to lock it into full draw so that picture is at 25". I measured the set before the levers were flipped at just under 1" so that's what I'm calling it and then the tips were flipped to what ya see in the pics. Hope this don't get everybody all riled up....just wanted to show what I been up to here lately.
rich

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
Hey - that bend looks almost as good as your bendy handled bows!!  Nice work.
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline JonW

Nice bend on that Rich. Looks like a shooter to me.

Offline burchett.donald

Rich, your throwing me a curve ball...I'm not used to seeing this from you...popcorn in the microwave :o
                                                                                                                         Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Badger

Thats a nice tiller on that bow.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Now that is a beautiful bow for sure! Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline burchett.donald

Rich, looking again, is that bow asymmetrical?
                                                                    Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline half eye

Thanks fellas, I know the tiller isn't as even as it should be. Just had some trouble trying to match the "stained limb to the clear wood limb. But it did give me some ideas for a similar bow from first class condition wood.

Thanks again for the comments.
rich

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
That's a good piece of hickory and good looking bow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline half eye

Thanks Mr. Mullet, gonna try and get a better photo of the lower limb. The wood is plenty strong but it just does bend the same as the upper (clear wood). Don't know why but everything is shooting good so I'm not going to worry about it.
rich

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
Sweet bow, Rich. I got me a couple of them Rich-tiller stiff handled short bows! Mighty fine shootin, for sure!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline half eye

Hope they serve you long and well Ken.
rich