Author Topic: Rant/ rough couple of days....  (Read 3399 times)

Offline HickoryBill

Rant/ rough couple of days....
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:34:54 pm »
So this story starts out with my old truck...Its a 1990 Chevy K1500, she was my baby..Anyway the transmission has been acting up the last couple of months it finally went out on sunday...It was not worth fixing with the age,mileage,and Pa rust..I bought a 2008 Chevy cobalt that gets awesome gas mileage(Last couple of days I've been getting 35mpg) way better than the 12 mpg I've been getting from the old truck..
Ok now the good part..Yesterday the wife took her car to... GASP...Wal Mart to have an oil change( I usually do it but was busy)..any way on her way home she stopped and picked me up and started down the road..We noticed a trail of smoke behind us..We made it home about a mile after noticing it..I opened up the hood and the oil fill cap was laying on the air cleaner box!!!!! They had forgot to put the cap back on!!! She drove a total of 18 miles with no oil!!We lost 4 quarts of oil in a motor that holds 4.5qrts(2006 Suzuki Forenza,4 cyl) Of coarse the motor was "ticking" and hammering....No surprise there..I called Wal mart and flipped out..bad...They told us to bring the car back..So I put oil in it and we took it back today.They washed it out and topped of the oil and we filled out a Claim..
After all this hastle we started home and the car died about 2 miles from the Wal Mart store...
we had to leave the car in a parking lot and are waiting to hear back from Wal Marts 3rd  Insurance company...
So we are back to one vehicle and not knowing whats gonna happen next...
Life can be a $$$$$ sometimes!!!!
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: Rant/ rough couple of days....
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 10:54:14 pm »
That sucks :(
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline bow101

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 11:29:11 pm »
If Wal mart paid better wages I guess they would get better help.  Hopefully everything works out for you.  :o
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline TRACY

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 11:41:27 pm »
That sucks Bill ! Hopefully wallyworlds insurance will make it a little better.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Patches

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 11:51:22 pm »
A Walmart here in MO did the same thing to my sister's truck. They never did make good on fixing it. I hope you have better luck with them than she had.
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 12:24:51 am »
A Walmart here in MO did the same thing to my sister's truck. They never did make good on fixing it. I hope you have better luck with them than she had.

Dang, what is wrong with people. Hate walmart with a passion.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 12:49:45 am »
Good luck Bill. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline chamookman

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 05:36:17 am »
Best of luck with Your claim WB ! I've NEVER set foot in a Wally World and will go to My grave that way. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

blackhawk

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 08:13:36 am »
Yikes...that sucks buddy....you would think a big thriving enterprise such as Walmart would more than take care of it....but in today's world prob not...they have money to have good lawyers and we don't...messed up world these days

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 09:25:39 am »
That is really crappy news. My sister slipped on something spilled there once and had to have knee surgery. WM's insurance denied her claim because she was wearing Flip Flops. I really Really despise that operation. Low prices due to low pay, and even lower job training.

I Changed oil for about 5 years as a younger man. Issues like this one were taken very seriously (Some workers had to clean peoples garages from double gaskets and loose drain plugs). Thankfully I never had a claim against me, I would have felt terrible.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline coxral

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 09:42:59 am »
Wow! Sorry to hear that! I've been slowly rebuilding the front end of my 99 F350 4x4 because I can't afford to take it in, and have it done (correctly?). Am learning a lot. I feel your pain on auto issues.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 07:44:35 pm »
That sucks Bill... I had a freind the ford dealership drove his explorer out in the parking lot with no oil in it... Then denied doing it  :o :o... They did end up putting a new engine in it
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline wildman

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 09:50:25 pm »
Goodluck man, WAL-MART is the Devil for sure!
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 09:54:19 pm »
We had the car towed today with our roadside assistance from our Insurance co...My wife tried calling the Liason company all day and got no answer...The car is at her uncles garage..With a deffinitaly blown motor.....
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 09:58:08 pm »
Bill, hope everything works out for ya. Bob