Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 14326 times)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: Facebook
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 04:20:20 pm »
Facebook is very easy to use.  Maybe too easy.  It can get addicting.  Some people literally live there.

I don't get on FB these days unless I have at least a few hours to kill.  It draws you in and doesn't let go ... :o

I think the last time I was on FB was in February.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:20:57 am by jackcrafty »
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 04:33:22 pm »
PA is my facebook
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 04:50:07 pm »
I hardly ever get on unless I'm bored to death in a hotel room somewhere. But, my Daughter is addicted, I think.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline RyanR

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 05:48:12 pm »
I got on it earlier this year to find some of my friends that I was in the Marines with. I was into it for about a week and realized that it is really lame. I have no use for it now.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 06:51:30 pm »
It must be a younger generation thing.

I am totally amazed when I see young people walking side by side and texting at the same time, most likely to each other  :).  I've seen some of them with what looks like permanently deformed thumbs
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline bow101

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 07:10:01 pm »
I worked with some that would go for a bathroom break just to use the phone.   >:(   How would I know..?, go to use the bathroom and hear someone having a dialogue......... ;D
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 07:36:21 pm »
Have an FB page. Class mates and I used it to set up our 30th and 35th reunion. I will check it and post something occasionally, but if it disappeared tonight, I wouldn't miss it.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2014, 08:38:31 pm »
Robert! You mean to tell me you wear that bad a** old school outfit and tote a smoke pole around, then click on FB later on! Man, now I gotta take you off my "buddy" list on here, so long to the bolded SLIMBOB on my screen. It hurts me.....:)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014, 09:49:00 pm »
Uhmm. I was forced. Did it under duress. Tricked really. But yeah, I do have a page. I don't get the attraction to it frankly. I can only take so many stuffed tofu recipes, or "hey, I'm in Piggly Wiggly buying cheese" posts.  Just call, text or email me. Better yet, swing by!  Sad that that don't happen the way it used to.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2014, 10:55:51 pm »
Uhmm. I was forced. Did it under duress. Tricked really. But yeah, I do have a page. I don't get the attraction to it frankly. I can only take so many stuffed tofu recipes, or "hey, I'm in Piggly Wiggly buying cheese" posts.  Just call, text or email me. Better yet, swing by!  Sad that that don't happen the way it used to.

Piggly Wiggly  ;D    I was just telling my kids about them the other day.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2014, 11:04:37 pm »
I'm not on there and never have been but the wifes on and gives me updates on what the kids are up to plus some pictures of the grandkids. That part I like but I don't need to see a new picture of her friends dog that the friend post daily along with an update of what the dogs day was like. I mean...... I like dogs but come on. ???

I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2014, 11:10:27 pm »
C'mon Greg.  Smokey needs his own facebook page  ;D

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2014, 11:19:19 pm »
I wish I knew how to get off of face book!! >:(
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline TRACY

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 12:12:00 am »
Never had it, never will :) I teach middle school science and too many of my students would not be studying and surfing FB info on teachers.Heck, they google me all the time and ask me what primitive archer is! :o I asked my students this spring what their favorite social media choice is and they said Instagram and Twitter. Why not FB I asked? Response: Their parents and a bunch of old people had accounts and it was boring :o

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline stickbender

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 01:48:55 am »

I was on it years ago, and found a long lost relative, and then was contacted by another long lost relative that should've stayed long lost, as there is an issue of issues, mostly mental.  So I got off it.  I got back on awhile aback, and still don't care for it.  I get notices, that I have new messages, and notices.  I click on them, and I don't get any messages, or notices, just face book crap. ....I got off last time because of the silly farm crap, "so n so bought you a cherry tree for your farm, would you like to by them something in return?"  No.  I am letting my farm go fallow, so I can hunt on it.  Any way, to much public stuff that shouldn't be.  some of the features, are nice, but most is just like people living in glass houses, without a basement to change their clothes in.  People just get too gabby on there, without thinking.  They will give out personal information, like they are talking in private.  I hardly get on there.  Maybe once or twice a month.

Wayne