Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 14330 times)

Offline 4dog

Re: Facebook
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2014, 10:37:35 pm »
im not on facebook..dont want to be...from what i hear ...and the way i see it....facebook is life without boundries...say what ya want ...post what ya want..to whoever ya want....about whoever ya want...you can disagree if ya like...oh by the way....like me...lmbo   !!!!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2014, 12:05:02 am »
I've never been on facebook or anything similar and dont plan on it in the future. This forum is really the only thing i'm actively a part of. Its the people that make it though, I like that I can engage in some online ribbing and nobody blows a gasket. ;)
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 06:10:54 am »
Marks,I do agree and don't really bad mouth anyone that uses it,it does bother me for folks that come to visit and just can't help themselves,they keep their face in the phone all the time,they can't go 1 minute without checking to see what is happening, I ask one young man what he was doing,he said he was staying connected, :-\ I said to what :-\ I told him if he wanted to build a bow,TURN IT OFF or we were done. He did but you could tell it was killing him. :) Miss Joanie is on it and checks it once or twice a week, good thing I think even TwinOaks has one,not sure but I heard we did. I pretty much know what goes on around there without being connected. ;) ;D ;D ;D and by the way I am not Ignorant,just not interested. ;) :) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2014, 08:14:51 am »
Isn't this just another comparing apples to oranges discussion?  ??? Seems like it to me

Offline coxral

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2014, 09:49:47 am »
I use it. Helps me keep in touch with Fam/Friends from places I've lived. A cousin started a page just for our hunting adventures! Some of us like to go on the site once in awhile because we're not phone chatters! I don't like telephones. I WILL admit, some people LIVE on that site though. Guess you could compare it to some people on Outdoor Forums! HaHa!  :D

Offline DavidV

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 11:35:06 am »
Woah, people still use Facebook? What is this 2009  ;D
Springfield, MO

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 11:27:10 pm »
....And what is the point of this thread??!?!!?  An English teacher once told me that before I write something in a paper I should ask myself, "so what?" and if I couldn't answer then I shouldn't write it.  BTW I got 4 notificatons while responding omg so popular LOL jk jk ;)  >:D
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline wildman

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2014, 12:54:19 am »
Best thing about FB keeping up with Primitive Tim's exploits!
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014, 06:58:15 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  wildman ,didn't think about that, ??? maybe I will give a try.  ??? :-\ :o ;) Tim the point of this thread is like a lot of others on around the camp fire,we just all want to stay connected. ;) ;D ;D ;D I mean this is 1969 isn't it. ??? oops lost a few years somewhere. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2014, 08:16:42 am »
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Marks

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2014, 10:21:52 am »
Marc-I just mean PA is about Archery and FB is about anything you want.

Pappy-I'm with you there. I do stay on FB quite a bit but I put it down when I'm busy. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing ;). There is a time and a place. Then again, I rarely get on PA either on the weekends. I'd rather be out enjoying the 2 shortest days of the week.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2014, 11:26:35 am »
Tim the point of this thread is like a lot of others on around the camp fire,we just all want to stay connected
I must have completely missed that on the first post.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline PatM

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2014, 03:23:48 pm »
In have an account but I only use it to connect with old friends or send messages the same way as email.  Sometimes I will join in interesting conversations about a topic that may interest me.
 Haven't once felt the urge to post a personal status update about anything. There is a certain degree of narcissism in a person who feels that every iota of their day needs to be posted.
 Otherwise it really is just the same as any other message board.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2014, 07:45:56 pm »
Marc-I just mean PA is about Archery and FB is about anything you want.

Pappy-I'm with you there. I do stay on FB quite a bit but I put it down when I'm busy. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing ;). There is a time and a place. Then again, I rarely get on PA either on the weekends. I'd rather be out enjoying the 2 shortest days of the week.

I knew what you meant Mark, I was just ribbing you

I have nothing against FB except for when I spend too much time on it and that would be about 5 minutes worth
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline wildman

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2014, 07:49:47 pm »
Much as in life how you conduct yourself and who you choose to associate with makes all the difference. There are some really good FB pages on interest that we all share on this forum. No matter where I am I try my best to distance myself from drama. Not always easy with 4 teens and a tween. 3 of them girls!!!!
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-