Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 14324 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Facebook
« on: June 17, 2014, 09:50:59 am »
I'm sure there are many here that use it.  I've had an account for maybe 3 or 4 years but go there maybe once a month, it seems like a waste of time to me and really can't be bothered.  I went there a couple weeks ago and saw that my sister sent me a facebook message, last year.  Sheesh, what is wrong with the phone?  I noticed at the same time that Cameron had sent me a message, 2 years ago.  Sorry Cameron, never even saw it.  I've used it more in the last 2 weeks than I have in the past 2 years.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 09:55:13 am »
I use Facebook some to connect with old friends. I am surprised when I look at the dropdown chat window and see how often people in my friends list stay on the site. Don't know what they find so interesting but it appears some of those folk just about live on the site.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 10:03:03 am »
Don't get me started on that joke Marc!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 10:11:10 am »
I used to use it to keep in touch with some old friends until my account got hacked along with one of my email accounts.  Decided there was TMI available for everyone to see and closed my account.
Email works fine for me.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 11:43:58 am »
I have no use for facebook.  I have seen to many marriages end because of something that started on facebook. If I want to say something to a friend I call or text them. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 12:00:32 pm »
I have no use for facebook.  I have seen to many marriages end because of something that started on facebook. If I want to say something to a friend I call or text them.

I hate to be kind of a hard***, but if Facebook could break up a marriage, I'd say the marriage was doomed regardless. If Facebook wasn't the final straw, something else would have been. Good relationships don't get shaken by social media drama.

I'm on it. I check it out once a week or so, and I have spurts of activity now and then, but I don't do a whole lot with it. Its a great tool for keeping in touch and seeing what people are up to. But like any other meeting place, when you put a bunch of people together in one spot there will eventually be conflict. How we deal with that conflict is reflective of our character, not the nature of the site. Facebook is just the medium. Blaming it for causing relationship problems is like blaming telephones, or vocal cords. Our behavior is under our control, and our control alone, even on the internet.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 12:00:52 pm »
Bingo Clintster. Marriages, relationships, friendships, families and the list goes on. Shut it down and lets become a society again.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Don Case

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 12:51:10 pm »
I don't use Facebook but from talking to people that do it seems that the problems come from lack of knowledge about how it works. Some people have no idea how public the info they post can be and can get themselves and their friends in embarrassing situations.

Offline Badger

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 01:11:34 pm »
     I reconnected with a lot of old friends on facebook. We started getting together here and there having a pretty good time. I also have a large family and it seems easier to just make a simple post than get stuck on the phone for 30 min. Texting is my pet peeve, I don't even own a cell phone.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 01:16:49 pm »
No cell pone here either Steve.  I'm quite happy with e-mails or a PM here
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 01:17:46 pm »
I tried it and was kind of amused at first. Pretty soon I realized there's a real world out here that's pretty darned amazing, I don't need a virtual one...

Offline autologus

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 02:07:32 pm »
Facebook is the Devil.   >:(

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline wildman

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 03:08:33 pm »
As with all things , self control and moderation. Well almost everything except bow building, wood hoarding, rock breaking, knife making etc etc. >:D
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline bow101

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 03:23:05 pm »
I'm sure there are many here that use it.  I've had an account for maybe 3 or 4 years but go there maybe once a month, it seems like a waste of time to me and really can't be bothered.  I went there a couple weeks ago and saw that my sister sent me a facebook message, last year.  Sheesh, what is wrong with the phone?  I noticed at the same time that Cameron had sent me a message, 2 years ago.  Sorry Cameron, never even saw it.  I've used it more in the last 2 weeks than I have in the past 2 years.
Don't use facebook not Tweeter.
I hear you about folks/relatives not contacting you. There are people that live in the same town that don't call me....  >:D
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 03:25:29 pm »
I especially like sitting around in a ring of lawn chairs with 2/3 of my immediate family and 2/3 of them are staring at their phones the whole time giggling.