Author Topic: Anyone around San Marcos, Tx  (Read 1494 times)

Offline AustinEvans

Anyone around San Marcos, Tx
« on: June 03, 2014, 10:07:30 pm »
Well I'm attending Tx. State this summer and got here this last Sunday. Unfortunately, Im not allowed to take archery equipment on campus.  :'( 

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you know a place I could satisfy my archery needs. Maybe a range or somewhere that offers some storage as well??? My only other issue is not being able to build anything. I'm a primitive archer-builder fanatic and love building my own stuff. But I might just have to be satisfied with just shooting unless someone knows of a place I can build as well.

I wont be able to shoot during the week, I'm just to busy going to school. Not to mention being an athlete there really makes it so they own me. haha So weekends is the only time. Much better then nothing though.

Any suggestions or ideas from people around here?

Offline Tower

Re: Anyone around San Marcos, Tx
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 10:40:52 pm »
To be completely honest I'm terrible at bow building.    I can however make a useable arrow point. I'm in New Braunfels.   
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Newindian

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 02:11:48 am »
I'm in spring branch a little farther west then tower, I can make a pretty good bow but don't know the first thing about knapping together the two of is might make a decent primitive archer. Slim bob is around here to. I think I know of a 4h archery club in San Marcos and if I recall correctly they shoot at a nice range there, I'll ask around here in a couple days.
I like free stuff.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 07:28:17 am »
Welcome to PA.  As mentioned, I am in Boerne, and my business is in Buda so I am close to you.  Couple of clubs over that way.    Good luck with school....it's out now isn't it? 
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline AustinEvans

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 01:25:33 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm gonna do some research on some clubs in the area.

SlimBob- Summer school just started this last Monday, but yes the spring semester is over. Basketball coaches wanted us here for summer to get some classes out of the way and practice. Its a lot of work but worth it cause my schools is paid for.

Anyways, I would love to meet some of you guys in the area, you can never have to many friends, especially ones who love archery as much as you.