Author Topic: Forshaft length  (Read 2416 times)

Offline beartail

Forshaft length
« on: May 23, 2014, 11:18:45 am »
Whats some of the length's of forshafts you have attached to your river cane arrows?Im guessing that depends on a couple things.like if you are going to put on a point of some kind or not.
Also I think your total arrow length would have something to do with it too.I realy wouldn't want to be shooting a 3 foot long arrow if I can help it.give me some ideas based on your experiance with forshafts.

gutpile

Re: Forshaft length
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 11:31:34 am »
as you can tell different lengths of foreshafts..make sure they butt against a node and flatten that foreshaft tip so it wont split can when it strike your target...IMO foreshafting is the way to go..adds weight to your shaft, helps with FOC, plus penetration, aids in flight.... my draw is 26.5 my cane ahsafts are 25 plus the lenght of my foreshaft...they are usually 3 inches outside the cane... I spine my can around 60 to 70 pounds at 25 inches..then after foreshafting and adding point weight around 100 grains..they fly perfectly out of my 50 to 55 lbs bows..gut

gutpile

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 11:32:22 am »
another pic

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 11:55:30 am »
I don't know if it matters and IMO it is not necessry. I don't use any foreshafts on cane arrows.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline beartail

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 12:33:10 am »
thanks fellas.Gut.i see a lot of dirt on them points.I can never get away with shootin glass and obsidian points without breaking them the first shot lol.

gutpile

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 10:53:20 am »
not dirt bro..pine pitch..gut

gutpile

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 03:10:07 pm »
actually that must be the inside of my plains style Indian quiver..I shoot my cane into a foam block...they don't break then