Author Topic: HHB "Sunrise"  (Read 14160 times)

Offline 4dog

Re: HHB "Sunrise"
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2014, 08:28:00 am »
you got a certain style blackhawk.....getting to where i can spot a "blackhawk bow" from afar...thats a cool thing....this is a straight up no nonsense bow...even with the color....i love this bow...awesome as usual  !!!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2014, 08:49:21 am »
Sweet bow, BH.  Real pretty color. We need to take up a collection and get you some pasties!!! ::)
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline 4dog

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 09:06:44 am »
lesken...hes plenty pasty already!!!    :o8)  ahhh thats better)
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2014, 09:07:42 am »
Could you make the tips any smaller? ;) Looks like a screamer...Bend is money as usual from you...I see the sunrise...
                                   Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

blackhawk

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2014, 09:14:42 am »
Thanks zenart...in my opinion as far as white woods go and in my area hophornbeam is the best whitewood I have available,and the best whitewood I've used in general...I'd say its in my top five fav woods with osage being number one of course,but its up there on the list with yew,black locust etc...you can almost make it to similar dimensions as osage pending on the quality of the piece(big factor you need to be able to read in general with any wood)..and in this case with this exceptional piece it is made at osage widths...the key to it tho really is in tempering it...with any piece of wood regardless of species I tiller it till its ready to brace,then stop and do my heat shaping,correcting,and tempering all at once...and as I finish the tiller out I care full monitor my set and loss from its starting position and if it takes normal healthy set then I leave be alone(as I did with this one)..and in most cases that one time is enough with most all woods I use... rarely have I ever tempered a bow twice..only a handful of times...if ya do your part it'll do its part for you..but tempering really helps this wood,or should I say enhances it,cus it does do well on its own without it as well

Thanks pappy ;)

Thanks will :)

Thanks Greg...atta boy in going to get ya some of the white gold

Thanks Kenny...sorry...the dirty hippy in me just don't like clothes when he doesn't have to wear em  >:D  :o ...

Thanks Donald...I'll go back and make em smaller if you think they need reduced? ;)

Thanks 4dog.....lol...you got that right

Offline Parnell

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2014, 09:26:21 am »
Wow, that is a quick dry bow!  Very cool finish work, reminds me of Jimmy Page's Gibson guitar from Led Zeppelin.  I can think of at least a dozen names that bow could be given from Zeppelin songs! ;D
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2014, 09:26:59 am »
Cool stick o' beam!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2014, 09:48:11 am »
Thanks Parnell...if I did I know I couldn't call it hole lotta love because I already have a bow named that  :laugh:

Thanks pearly ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2014, 10:03:51 am »
Very cool bow, Chris. I remember seeing her hanging around at the Classic.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Parnell

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2014, 10:17:43 am »
In the light, heartbreaker, tangerine, the list can go on... :)
It's a beauty, congratulations.
1’—>1’

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2014, 10:48:42 am »
I really like everything about this one that is one sweet bow for sure!

Offline HighEagle

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2014, 06:55:06 pm »
Nice stick Blackhawk, Love the brace profile and FD pix., HE

Armstrong, BC

Offline zenart

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2014, 02:48:31 am »
Thanks Blackhawk, for taking the time to give detailed HHB info. Helps a lot to get this kind of feedback for each particular wood, what it's like, how to work it, all that good stuff. I appreciate it bro. btw- 'Sunrise' causes me to reminisce of a hot yeller Z/28 Camaro I once had.. put a trick flame job on 'er.. total chick magnet.  8)
Huntington Beach, CA … there's no trees here but we do have lumber yards.

blackhawk

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2014, 07:03:29 am »
Thanks pat

Thanks again Parnell

Thanks steelslinger

Thanks high eagle

No problemo zenart...now where ya gonna find hhb on Huntington Beach ? Lol  :laugh:

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2014, 07:48:10 am »
I'm digging it Chris! I get to see and hopefully shoot this one in a few hours in Marshall 8)