Author Topic: Woohoo ...my first brown recluse bite  (Read 6676 times)

Offline mcginnis6010

Woohoo ...my first brown recluse bite
« on: May 14, 2014, 05:14:50 pm »
Well it official I have now been bitten by he dreaded brown recluse spider. I've been bitten by black widow 5 times but never a brown recluse.... until now. Here's what it look like so far after being bitten around 5pm yesterday.
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!

Offline mcginnis6010

Re: Woohoo ...my first brown recluse bite
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 05:16:49 pm »
Sorry here's the pic

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 05:42:06 pm »
Can you post daily update photos?  Good luck
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 06:22:29 pm »
not sure that's something to be bragging about :o, unless one was radioactive >:D
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 06:36:48 pm »
I hope you have sought medical attention.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 07:04:11 pm »
Yea went to the VA doc this morning and they said that there's nothing that can be done for it unless it starts to eat at the tissues. Just gotta keep it clean and I should be fine. The actual decaying of skin tissue is a rare effect of the venom most people just have some pain and swelling. I'm not bragging just making the situation not so dark because I hate spiders I'm not afraid of them I just hate the poisonous ones lol. I just gotta keep an eye on it for the next couple of days but the doc said I should be fine.

Offline Crogacht

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 07:21:47 pm »
It looks OK at the moment, hopefully it doesn't get too much worse... not that I'd know, we really only have 1 nasty spider here and it's so rare you'd have a hard time ever finding one.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 07:34:45 pm »
Are you an entomologist? Arachnologist?  Lived among Black Widow spiders and Brown Recluse for most of my life.  I can go outside in the garage and bring back any number of both at any given time.  I have never been bitten, so far as I know.  You have been bitten by Black Widows 5 times?  5 times?  Dude!   
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 07:53:52 pm »
You sleeping in wood piles.. ::)

I have met two people bitten by the brown and both had to have long sections of meat removed as it destroyed tissue. One man thought he was having a heart attack and went for medical help. Watch it real close, I think they are different that the blacks...Good Luck
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Robo

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 08:14:18 pm »
My brother was bitten by one once. He woke up with one on his arm. He already had a little crater on his elbow where the spider was. He was in pain so he went to our Mother's as she was an EMT. By then he had a red line running up his arm, so she took him to the ER. The doctor said the red line was headed for his heart, and if he had waited much longer, it would have killed him. It really made a mess out of his arm. I've had them run out of things I've had in storage, but I think they just wanted to get away.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 08:46:33 pm »
I;ve always heard spder bites dont like heat. I alway put a hot hot rag on anything I think is a spider bite and change it several times to keep it hot. There was a post on this several years ago by eldestructo. dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 10:16:58 pm »
Nope I don't play with spiders I'm just lucky I guess lol. I'm the guy that people call to fix things or get things done and that usually means being in places where spiders and snakes like to be. I have yet to be bitten by a snake however. And I handle them all the time in the warmer months.

Offline wildman

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 11:07:55 pm »
Good luck bro! We have them all over the place and a few widows. I have always been lucky the good way. Bowtartist I figured you would put a cold PBR on it (keep swelling down) :laugh:
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

JacksonCash

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 11:55:58 pm »
My wife has a large scar on her shoulder/bicep of her right arm from where they had to dig out a bunch of flesh because of a brown recluse bite. When people asks about it she says, "I was in a knife fight"

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 08:57:44 am »
Good luck bro! We have them all over the place and a few widows. I have always been lucky the good way. Bowtartist I figured you would put a cold PBR on it (keep swelling down) :laugh:

Keith, you know better than that...the cold PBR goes in the belly to dull the pain. I do have a couple of good stories about taking the swelling down w/ a cold PBR, but thay ain't appropriate for this family friendly forum.  ;) dp

How's it lookin today McG6010?
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)