Author Topic: The Showdown  (Read 112441 times)

Offline Badger

Re: The Showdown
« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2014, 11:43:48 am »
  I kind of enjoy the idea of a challenge thread. I certainly don't need any bows, I don't make bows for a living, I just enjoy making them, if they break or don't break means little to me as the price of a piece of wood for me is like the price of going to a movie, I build bows to entertain myself.

I think it's a good idea as well Steve, I just don't have the time to participate right now.  I have a sportsman show coming up this weekend I have to prepare for, then I have a lot of firewood I have to split, never mind the woodshed I have to build for the wood, and because we just moved back here last year there are a lot of other things that need to be done.  I am overwhelmed and may have to put bow building on the back-burner for a little while again this year, something I don't really want to do.

Mark, I totally understand. We all have our own particular schedules and reasons for building. After all the impossible stuff I have seen you come up with over the years you certainly have nothing to prove.

Offline PatM

« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2014, 11:49:25 am »
Well now Adam is saying it can be done and even fairly easily, he just doubted that certain people can pull it off.
 You can challenge without insulting though.
 The fact that Adam just asked us for advice on how to get his recurves to hold together and then a short while later tells us we can't make a far simpler bow is a bit baffling. The mistakes he was making were glaringly basic and showed some lack of understanding on how a narrow handled  bow is stressed. A lot of our offense comes from this whole chain of events.
 Quite often the student ends up surpassing the teacher but not in the first few weeks of grade 1.

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2014, 12:09:28 pm »
What happened to our famous Canadian politeness ?  >:D

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2014, 12:11:15 pm »
No kidding bubbles
This thread got kinda ugly. 

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2014, 12:22:51 pm »
I think I can trace the origins of the animosity back to "the rant" thread. 

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2014, 12:23:33 pm »
Wow! Just read this whole thread... 30 min of my life i can never get back... Please take this kinda crap to facebook..they like it.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2014, 12:26:10 pm »
Wow! Just read this whole thread... 30 min of my life i can never get back... Please take this kinda crap to facebook..they like it.... Brian

we need a "like" button on here

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2014, 12:28:09 pm »
Lol bowman.

Bubbles the rant indeed is what I was thinking :)

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2014, 12:30:02 pm »
I don't see why this is even still up?
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline PatM

« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2014, 12:42:50 pm »
 Canadians are always willing to defend themselves and  we are competitive.
 Are those bad traits?
 If you let everything slide, people will walk all over you. It was getting to the point that Marc couldn't post without Adam leaping onto every point.

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2014, 12:44:38 pm »

Sometimes people need to blow off some steam. As long as they keep it contained to one thread and things don't get too nasty then you might as well let them have it out.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2014, 12:52:21 pm »

Sometimes people need to blow off some steam. As long as they keep it contained to one thread and things don't get too nasty then you might as well let them have it out.

hahaha in that case, BUBBY YOU EGOTISTICAL KNOW IT ALL IM CALLING YOU OUT!!!!! HAHAHA JK

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2014, 12:55:50 pm »
I don't know what's behind this, none of my business I suppose. But this kind of thing on other sites is what lead me here. PA has always been a friendly place full of great information in a fun atmosphere. I really hope this is not the future...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2014, 01:52:59 pm »
I don't know what's behind this, none of my business I suppose. But this kind of thing on other sites is what lead me here. PA has always been a friendly place full of great information in a fun atmosphere. I really hope this is not the future...

Guarantee it won't get like that. And from the email I got from a certain, key poster, the 'rant" is where it stems from.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2014, 02:22:16 pm »
Cap lock, hardcore debate, calling people out, yep, got to say I am glad for once not to be involved...but I think the poster above is right, a like button would be cool here's my suggestion.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.