Author Topic: morels  (Read 1579 times)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
morels
« on: April 20, 2014, 08:34:24 am »
I live on the west side of Michigan, and have been told black morels are up. I'm kinda of doubting it with the way the weather has been. Any of you Michiganders finding them yet?

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: morels
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 08:52:53 am »
None here Dave. Matter of fact Ive never found a shroom one until at least a few leaves pop out. I can see it being at least a few weeks yet. But, every place is different and every hunter is different. So, who knows!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 10:36:54 am »
I'm hearing stories down here and suppose the pros are finding blacks, but I've not seen any yet. Several hundred miles south of you all. Have a gooder, dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline JEB

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 12:31:53 pm »
Mother in law has a farm by Gaylord which is really good mushroom country.  Spoke with her this morning and  she still has snow on the farm.  don't quite think they are out yet, at least up there in morel country

Offline chamookman

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 03:39:49 pm »
I'm going to jump on the Quad and get out on the Farm later today to look. I'll post My results later. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 05:19:02 pm »
considering we still had some snow in the shaded areas till a couple days ago .
I  doubt we will be seeing any morels  for a while.

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 08:50:17 am »
My brother lives about 2 hrs. west of me here in Virginia and he's already found some. I need to get my butt in gear and do some dry land fishing. Yum ;D
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!