Author Topic: Righty or Lefty..?  (Read 5544 times)

Offline bow101

Righty or Lefty..?
« on: April 02, 2014, 07:48:50 pm »
The reason I bring this one up is just curious if there any that are right handed and left eye dominant.
I write left handed, but all sports use right, but I have batted lefty on ocassion years ago.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Don Case

Re: Righty or Lefty..?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 08:00:24 pm »
I'm the same, detail work lefty, everything else righty. It's nice to be able to switch hit when you're shovelling snow.  I thought I was unique or maybe just weird. How do you determine eye dominance?

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 08:11:58 pm »
I bat righty but throw and shoot the proper way, although troweling I'm ambidextrous
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline half eye

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 08:12:14 pm »
I'm right handed but left eye dominate also. I can shoot firearms ambidextrous and use a baseball bat the same but all else is mostly right handed. Cant write, draw etc left handed.
rich

Don, one way to determine that is to form a circle with your finger and thumb.....and with both eyes open "put the circle around some distant target (at arms length), and then alternately close first one eye then the other. The weak eye will not have the target circled where as the dominate eye will not move off of the target.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 08:45:02 pm »
Left handed for writing and throwing a ball.  Just about everything else I do right handed.  Guns right, bows right, shoot pool right, bat both ways.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Don Case

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 09:14:47 pm »
OK I'm right eye dominant. I should hold the bow in my left hand so my dominant eye is close to the arrow?
Don

Offline half eye

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 09:35:23 pm »
Dont know about that Don....Guess it depends on you. I shoot my bow right handed but not only am I left eye dominate but blind in the right as well. By sticking to it I can shoot well enough to hunt ethically by my standards (which are pretty high).
rich

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 10:49:20 pm »
This has been brought up several times. Sometimes turning into huge discussions. My boy is left eye dominate though and right handed. He shoots the bow okay, right handed, but the air rifle is another story. Trying to work through it w/ him now so he can try t deer hunt next year w/ a .410. He tends to look over the stock, w/ the air rifle it's okay, w/ the .410 it would be devistating to his face. Glad to hear what Rich said in his last reply.  I think practice is key to this. Like using a different type of release, get used to it and you'll be okay. IMO, dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 11:44:40 pm »
I'm left handed but I shoot right handed my daughter is right handed & shoots left handed I think the boy is going to be the same as his sister from watching him draw his bow.

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 12:19:59 am »
Righty and left eye dominant. I shoot left hand draw, so I can aim with dominant eye. I've always shot firearms right handed and closed one eye

Offline autologus

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 12:27:54 am »
If I didn't have a right hand I think I would starve, that's how right handed I am.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 01:40:33 am »
Left handed, left eye dominant, but I can shoot a bow pretty good righty, rifle lefty, write lefty, I can hammer either way, can shovel either side as well. Leftys are kinda forced to learn to do a lot of stuff rightly, it is after all a right handed democratic world :o ;D
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 08:10:38 am »
All righty here except for bows and long guns which are lefty due to left eye dominance
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 08:33:37 am »
Left eye dominant but shoot right handed,just learned that way before I knew it was supposed to matter and now to old to want to change.  ;) :) With a rifle it don't matter ,I just close one eye. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline silverfox

• Ohio Subscription #108669
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 09:20:13 am »
Left handed for writing and throwing a ball.  Just about everything else I do right handed.  Guns right, bows right, shoot pool right, bat both ways.

I'm exactly the same, I'm left handed at writing and throwing a ball. I eat with my left hand but I shoot a gun, and bow right handed, and use right handed fishing pole. Could bat both ways and can do most things equally well with either hand.
New to all of this primitive stuff. Just taking it all in, and learning every time I come here.

Subscription # 108669