Author Topic: Noah the movie  (Read 3198 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Noah the movie
« on: March 28, 2014, 04:29:42 pm »
My family and I saw it last night.  Anyone seen it or plan on seeing it?  Thoughts?  Also lets keep it about the movie and of course no religion. 

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: Noah the movie
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 04:32:15 pm »
how was it? i was thinking about going to see it, or need for speed since ive been waiting my whole life for it lol.

Offline Marks

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 04:41:40 pm »
I'm not sure how to discuss Noah and leave out religion :o but I don't plan on seeing it. From what I've read and seen on the commercials it completely disregards the Bible story and makes it out to be a Fantasy/Fiction story. By seeing it I feel like I would be supporting/condoning it and I don't.

I've not heard from anyone who has actually seen it. What did you think out about it? How does it relate to the Bible version?
I don't feel like comparing the 2 is considered discussing religion as long as we leave out ideology and personal beliefs.

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 05:01:46 pm »
I want to see it, seems like all the epic movies that Russel Crow makes are good, as far content even the ones considered "historically correct" are someones idea of the events
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline criveraville

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 05:03:17 pm »
I liked the movie.  Yes it is about Noah from the bible, but it is Hollywood just like the movie Lone Survivor was about that mission, but it was Hollywood with a rattlesnake even in the movie allegedly in Afghanistan!!!!!

With that in mind. 

I was an English major and in college I took world literature.  We studied various types of literature.  Many ancient civilizations had a creation story and a flood story.  This bothered some of the folks in the class, even though it was not a discussion on religion, but on literature.  It did not bother me. 

Marks, yes if it is about the story and not ideology and personal beliefs I do not see a problem with that.  For the record I am a Christian and I enjoyed the movie.  It follows the version we know as far as the earth being destroyed by flood, Noah building an ark and saving two of each animal. 

You could cover that in a ten minute movie.  The other two hours and seven minutes is all Hollywood.  It is the producer’s creative license and imagination beyond that point. 

It is a bit violent, but if the world were to be destroyed in any manner I imagine it would be violent.  I think it is too violent for kids ten and under.  That is my opinion. 

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 05:06:42 pm »
I want to see it, seems like all the epic movies that Russel Crow makes are good, as far content even the ones considered "historically correct" are someones idea of the events

Yep Bubby.  I have not seen a Russel Crow movie I did not like. 

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 03:30:37 am »
OMG! I just watched it and I have to say its the best movie I've seen in years. Loved it.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 11:46:45 am »
Maybe it will open a dialogue and get people talking about these issues.  That would be a good thing.  I saw the movie JFK.  Loved it, even though I knew it was pure fiction from top to bottom.  One mans wild hallucinations.  Still a good movie.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline PatM

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 01:46:02 am »
Did they show all the animals on Earth being loaded on? That would have made the movie a bit longer  and the Ark a bit bigger.;)

Offline 4dog

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 08:52:23 am »
lol..ALL the animals on earth...lol...all... ..my apologies...i forget not everyone knows the Biblical account of Noah.   forgive.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline PatM

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 10:11:33 am »
I meant all the species, not each individual. The point still stands. ;)

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 10:48:15 am »
"Allegory is a literary device in which characters or events in a literary, visual, or musical art form represent or symbolize ideas and concepts. Allegory has been used widely throughout the histories of all forms of art; a major reason for this is its immense power to illustrate complex ideas and concepts in ways that are easily digestible and tangible to its viewers, readers, or listeners. An allegory conveys its hidden message through symbolic figures, actions, imagery, and/or events. Allegory is generally treated as a figure of rhetoric; a rhetorical allegory is a demonstrative form of representation conveying meaning other than the words that are spoken."  Wikipedia 
Not so hard to imagine.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Marks

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 12:18:46 am »
I understand you have to take artistic liberties and create back stories and fill in the gaps but I heard reviews talking about 'rock people' and the commercial show meteors or fireballs and flaming swords and stuff that I find a little too much. Other than that it look pretty interesting.

Glad yall enjoyed the movie. It sounds like a good one but I just can't make myself go see it knowing the real story. Without bringing religion into it I'll leave it at it'll just frustrate me.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 11:03:31 am »
I understand you have to take artistic liberties and create back stories and fill in the gaps but I heard reviews talking about 'rock people' and the commercial show meteors or fireballs and flaming swords and stuff that I find a little too much. Other than that it look pretty interesting.

Glad yall enjoyed the movie. It sounds like a good one but I just can't make myself go see it knowing the real story. Without bringing religion into it I'll leave it at it'll just frustrate me.

I'm not spoiling too much by saying that the rock people are fallen angels.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 05:59:06 pm »
On a flintlock building site I frequent, made up mostly of guys in their 50s and 60s, they discussed the movie. Almost every one of the guys who saw the movie walked out after 15 or 20 minutes and wished they could have their money back.