Linked Events

• MOJAM: July 18, 2008 - July 20, 2008

Author Topic: MOJam  (Read 47728 times)

Offline PaulN/KS

Re: MOJam
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2008, 11:14:42 pm »
Lennie,
I got the knife at the auction two years ago. Funny thing was, Bill thought I'd bid too much for the one he had donated and he made me swap for another at his table. Shows you what a great man he was to have that sense of honor... he shot my hatchet bow last year and I was proud when he declared it a worthy entry. Thanks for the link to his obit, he sure had an interesting and full life...

Offline Treekiller

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2008, 09:09:02 pm »
Have a blade Bill made (while a bunch of us were watching and he was talkng) during MOJAM '06.  Has a place of honor on my bowbuilding bookshelf.  Will miss him, as will many others. 
Have been spending the afternoon packing "trade goods" for this year's get together.  Yew, Vine Maple, a Madrone log, Juniper, a bow horse and a few "small" chunks of obsidian.  Hope to turn them into osage while there.  Leaving Saturday morning with a couple of visits with family on the way down.  Be there Thursday am.
Keith -- the one from Washington   

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2008, 11:17:26 am »
Keith I wouldn't mind swapping a stave for a chunk of your rock.

I'm thinking I'll finally sit down and start trying to learn how to knap this year.  I'm already an expert napper, hope that is a good qualification.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Shaun

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2008, 02:54:14 am »
Treekiller, you're probably on the road, but maybe you are a techie and check in as you travel. I traded a couple stick of osage to you in '05 and will be bringing the bow made from your yew. Hope you have a bit more of the toxic red wood for trade this year. See you Thursday evening.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2008, 10:11:15 pm »
So how many are comin? I would like to get together for some photos. I have met some of you, but not all....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2008, 10:40:15 pm »
us Missourri boy's will be there
                                   Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2008, 12:13:13 am »
packin' a bit of stuff myself...I'm thinking #10 would be a perfect one to let some of you have a shot at one of Joe Mattingly's bows...he is one of the ones that started it all and sure enough got me started making bows.  This is a sweet bow and better go high or I'll buy it back... :)  If you don't think I will...just ask Mickey Lotz about the last one I let go.  :)
Looking forward to seeing the gang again.
Bob
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2008, 12:14:36 am »
I won't be there again this year but I did send Keith an osage self bow recurve to raffle off to help recoup the fire losses. You guys get the bids up high for MoJam's sake. 8) Brian, this is the bow I was shooting at the classic...60" static recurve with western D-back skin backing. 
   Everyone have a blast at MoJam and don't forget the pics. One year I will make it!!!   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2008, 01:30:12 am »
Pat, does that one have the sapwood fire to it too ;)....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2008, 09:49:46 am »
No Brian, This one is just heartwood. ;)     at
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2008, 10:10:27 am »
Brian, I'm coming.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. :)
    Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2008, 06:54:25 pm »
All right Sean,
Glad to see you are going to make it again...I'll have some dogwood shafts for ya if you still want some. See ya soon.
Paul

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2008, 07:46:47 pm »
I've been scratching together our gear, mowed the grass, changed a tire on the trailer, we'll hit the road in the AM and be there before noon.

I'm going to make a peach or apple cobbler in my Dutch oven for the pot luck on Saturday.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2008, 08:41:30 pm »
Hi Paul, yes, I would love some dogwood....see you soon.

Lennie, that doesn't seem quite fair, we're going to start driving at about 5 or 6 am, and I don't think we'll even make it by dinnertime.  :P
A cobbler sounds really good. ;D
    Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2008, 02:34:55 am »
The truck is mostly loaded but will need to "fine tune" in the morning, the dogwood shafts are in the back tho Sean. Can't hit the road till after the daughter's last swim lesson is over so won't be in till the afternoon.
Picked green beans and will bring some for a big bowl of salad on Saturday. Little feta cheese,bacon,onion and my special dressing plus the beans...thems good eats. :)

Looking forward to some of that cobbler Lennie, I am certain it will be Yummy...