Linked Events

• MOJAM: July 18, 2008 - July 20, 2008

Author Topic: MOJam  (Read 52477 times)

Offline mobow

Re: MOJam
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2008, 05:50:58 pm »
have some good seminars lined up so far and I ususally add a few the day before the event.  Low pressure gig.  So far we are looking at a scraper sharpening demo, a string making demo, a bow glue up demo, a cane arrow demo, I think a snake skin application, a tip overlay demo and a tentative fire starting demo, will also have a flintknapping demo but it is not firmed up yet.  Any suggestions or volunteers are welcomed.  look forward to seeing everyone.  keith

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2008, 06:27:04 pm »
Sounds good ,looking forward to it. Wife and rest of family is coming with  me this year really looking forward to meeting some of the people from this site.Scraper sharpening think they could include drawknife in that one to? I have a couple of Mullberry splits and staves I am bringing along to trade if someone needs mullberry!
                                          Dennis

The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2008, 11:29:57 pm »
Dennis I'm bringing the family too (girls 12 and 8, boy 10).  We're staying at the Comfort Inn but I usually set up a "day camp" as a base of operations.

I can bring along a file and we can go over how to sharpen a drawknife if you want.  Not sure it'd make a decent demo but I could do 10-15 minutes right after the scraper demo.  Might be interested in a trade for mulberry too.  I have osage, sinew or maybe a drawknife to swap.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline mobow

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2008, 12:56:06 pm »
Lenny, you open your mouth and someone will you sign up.  You are in for the draw knife demo.  It will be more useful to people than you might think.  Those of us that have been doing this for a long time forget what it was like our first year or two.  Thanx for the volunteering 8^).  keith

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2008, 11:27:33 am »
Lennie can demo how to row a boat by now to ;)....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2008, 11:31:59 pm »
Hey that sounds cool I could use some sinew if your interested in swapping what do we have about to weeks left, you will know my rig big dodge van with murals panted on sides
                                                             Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2008, 02:48:58 pm »
Keith, I just found out Dustin wants to make the trip again this year...so I sent you an e-mail asking for a Large and an extra large shirt...if it's not too late...

see ya soon,

Bob
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2008, 03:18:04 pm »
Got any good drawknives to trade this time Bob?
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Key

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2008, 10:06:06 am »
It's getting close and I can hardly wait! I love watching the arrows fly at the clout shoot.
Roger

BuzAL

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2008, 04:16:57 pm »
Anybody need left wing natural feathers? I have dozens and dozens.

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2008, 05:14:34 pm »
I just heard through the grapevine that Bill Metcalfe passed away.  He was a real fixture at the last several MOJAMs, his absence is going to be felt at this year's event.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 05:28:15 pm by tom sawyer »
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2008, 07:19:25 pm »
what kind of left wing natural feathers do you have
                                                          Dennis

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2008, 07:36:18 pm »
Wow Lennie, that is a shame to hear about Bill . I bought one of his knives at the auction a couple years ago.
Sad news indeed...he will be missed.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2008, 07:42:02 pm »
Bill always took my son under his wing, as I knew nothin bout knappin. Anytime I couldnt find Kamron I just had to find Bill, lol.....He was a great guy and he will be missed.......Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2008, 09:22:54 pm »
Paul you're lucky.  I saw some of his stuff at the auctions, I even saw him buy a couple of his own works just so they didn't go for next to nothing.  I always thought I'd have time to buy one of his knives.  Guess I was wrong.  I did buy a blade from him last year but I don't think he knapped it himself.

Koan a lot of youngsters got help from Bill, he was a good teacher.

Here's a link to his obit, he had an interesting life.

http://www.kdhnews.com/news/obit_detail.aspx?oi=2103

Lennie
Hannibal, MO