Author Topic: Getting Del the Cat to the Classic!  (Read 38062 times)

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: Getting Del the Cat to the Classic!
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2014, 11:43:18 am »
Fish might be a problem but bet he can find plenty of chips around the fire where all the bull $(!+ is being thrown around. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy

Ha ha!  Say it aint so! :laugh:
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline bubby

« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2014, 02:19:16 pm »
no fish n' chips but maybe gater
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline stickbender

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2014, 02:36:31 pm »
J.W.; You should be getting my check either, tomorrow, or Saturday.  Del, forget the bows, just load up with as much English flint as you can bring. ;) :) :)  Besides the baggage Apes at the Airport will just take turns trying to break them.  You can trade for a bow, at the classic. ;)  Or at least for a good stave. ;)  ;D  Have a safe, and enjoyable trip, and enjoy the Classic.  Never been there, can't afford to, and at the moment even if I could, I could not, because I have to go to Montana, and take care of cleaning up around my house, and being there, when some Friends go out there.  One day, I will try to make it there.  Everyone that has been has just been raving about it, and wanting to go back.  I do believe that you will be thoroughly overwhelmed, and treated as quite the royal guest.  Of course it may seem like that, but I believe that local crowd will just crowd around you to hear you speak.  "He shore do speak funny don't he?"  Yep, he don't talk so too pretty good as we'uns do. " But he is a nice fellar.  Makes sum nice bows too.  Wonder if'n he brought any of that dark flint they have over thar in angland?  Like to try a piece er that, fer a arra head, or knife.  Wonder if he's ever had any shine?  Wal, gol darn, lets, get im sum!"  "I like when he says, "Oy, Mate, you got another ale?"  "Thet thar, jes tares me up!"  "Yep, I thank it were wurth it to brang him over here.  Seems to be enjoyin hisself."  Yep, that "thar were a good idear, that ol Boy, J.W. came up with!" We gotta see about getting that German Feller over here now."  Hey wouldn't that be sumthin to hear, with them two trying to talk together?!"  "Oh, and whut about that there Dutch feller, that makes the slingshots?"  Oh yeah, Del, I think you will be holding court quite well.  You can drop into a bit of Cockney, and confuse the heck out of them. ;)  Or throw in a bit of Welsh! ;D ;D :o ::)  Have a great time, I know everyone that is going is looking forward to meeting you.  Oh, the beer, here is MUCH cheaper than in England!  Also Pappy has connections! 8) 8) 8) 8)  You can do the mile, at the classic.  It will be in somewhat of a circle, but nonetheless it can be done!  ;)  ;D :P

Wayne

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:54:49 pm by stickbender »

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2014, 02:57:33 pm »
LOL :laugh:
There isn't any decent flint where I am, mind I have visted Grimes Graves which is a spectacular neolithic flint mine. Don't think they let you dig it tho'.
I used to live near the South Downs which is all chalk and flint, lots of flint pits in the woods. Flint napping is on my gotta do list.
https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/grimes-graves-prehistoric-flint-mine/
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2014, 06:36:49 am »
You are coming to the right place to learn Del,usually have lots of very good nappers in the pit. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2014, 07:39:48 am »
You are coming to the right place to learn Del,usually have lots of very good nappers in the pit. :)
   Pappy
That'll be great to have a go :)
Mind it sounds like somewhere else for me to sleep... napping pit.. mmmmm zzzzzz  ;D
Del

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2014, 08:02:19 am »
No sleeping allowed,you can sleep on the plan trip back ;) :) :) Thought I might pick out some kind of wood for you to work on if you like and get time, what do you prefer/Osage/Hickory/Hackberry/dogwood maybe even some yew. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2014, 09:05:20 am »
No sleeping allowed,you can sleep on the plan trip back ;) :) :) Thought I might pick out some kind of wood for you to work on if you like and get time, what do you prefer/Osage/Hickory/Hackberry/dogwood maybe even some yew. :) :)
  Pappy
Ooooh oooh...
Prob not Osage, I have used it, but you guys are the experts on that stuff... it's a bit hard on my flimsy English elbows too ::).
I've not used either of the others so that would be great to try something new :).
Del
(Of course a nice clean 7' stave of Oregon Yew would do fine too ;)  )

Stringman

« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2014, 11:10:20 am »
I've got a nice little stick of yew for ya to whittle on. Consider that order filled, Pappy. You all do enough!

Offline Del the cat

« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2014, 11:45:29 am »
I've got a nice little stick of yew for ya to whittle on. Consider that order filled, Pappy. You all do enough!
Woo hoo  ;D
Del

Offline Jesse

« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2014, 04:24:38 pm »
Just noticed this thread. Thats what I always liked about this site. People so willing to give. Looking forward to meeting you Dell.
  Jesse
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2014, 04:28:39 pm »
Just noticed this thread. Thats what I always liked about this site. People so willing to give. Looking forward to meeting you Dell.
  Jesse

Amen 
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2014, 07:03:05 pm »
I gotta say, I am more than impressed by how everyone has helped out with this project.  Big kudos to madcrow, killir duck, and halfeye for coming up with prizes to raffle off.  All three of them volunteered to donate these items AFTER they found out about the project, I wasn’t arm twisting them at all beforehand.  Says a lot about their generosity and character. 
We will have raffle tickets up until midnight, Monday the 31st of March.  You still have a chance to get those tickets, $5 each, 5 for $23, 10 for $46, etc.  No limit!  And it’s often said the late tickets are the lucky tickets!  Send me a p.m. with which item(s) you want,  how many tickets, and your email address.  I will handle the rest.  If you don’t want to mess with Paypal, let me know in the p.m.  and I’ll send you my mailing address…and trust the check comes in the mail for your tickets after the raffle is over.  Follow the links to each of the three raffles:

Rich’s Oddawa scalloped bow and stone tipped arrows   
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,45773.0.html

Madcrow’s custom made walking stick
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,45730.0.html

Killir duck’s custom knife
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,45571.0.html

We are getting his plane ticket paid off, that will save him from too steep of out of pocket expenses.  Thanks, once again, to everyone for helping pull this off!

-John
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 03:13:09 pm by JW_Halverson »
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2014, 07:00:39 am »
Seems the raffles have done great,thanks to all that pitched in Thanks Stringman for the stave for Del, I was looking around this weekend for something,I have a few pieces of yew but might not be up to his standards. :-\ I do have some Hackberry I may let him try that came from right beside the bow shed,also Osage and plenty of Hickory,so we should be able to keep him busy and out of trouble. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2014, 09:17:26 pm »
Have you instructed Sally she is not allowed to chase cats for the weekend?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.