Author Topic: Getting Del the Cat to the Classic!  (Read 37975 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Getting Del the Cat to the Classic!
« on: March 06, 2014, 07:03:55 pm »
Last year folks went out of their way to make sure I got to the Classic. It was a humbling experience and I spent a lot of time wondering how I could take this and do the Classic PA Thing. How could I pass it along.

Well, I had a windfall come my way this last year and I stuffed it in a mason jar and buried it in the backyard.  I am ponying that windfall up for seed money to see this thing off!  So folks, think about how cool it would be to bring Del the Cat over to the Tennessee Classic!  Imagine the clash of culture as a funny talking foreigner tries to talk bows with funny talking southerners (all this coming from a funny talking almost-Canadian).  That should be worth the price of admission, in the least! Heck, we might even get a great article in P.A. out of this!

Airfare is about $1,200 and I already have the first 25% IN HAND - IN CASH! Do you think we can do this, I do!

Go dig the spare change out of the couch cushions, empty the coffee can of nickels and dimes, go sell a pint or two of plasma, and let me know what you can chip in!  Send me a private message and I will keep posting a running tally.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Getting Del the Cat to the Classic!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 08:54:25 pm »
I'm good for a sawbuck again.  8)   
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:04:48 pm »
I should be able to help out this time.  JW, do you have a Paypal account? 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 02:50:54 am »
I will pitch in a shiny bit or two.  Let us know how to.  Paypal might be the easiest way. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 05:15:20 am »
I am in for room and board and maybe a few bucks also. ;)Very cool JW. That would be awsome.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Stringman

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 09:25:57 am »
I can also send some. PayPal?!?

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 11:24:40 am »
I don't know if it would work or not but mods, would it be okay if we raffled off one of my knives here on PA? And all the money would go take gettin del over for the classic.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 11:38:47 am »
I think it would be OK but let me check with the other Admins and Mods.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 12:33:25 pm »
Killer Duck makes a great knife. 

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 12:57:30 pm »
Thanks pat.  And thanks outlaw glad it's worked out good for you.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 01:03:59 pm »
JW:  How much time do we have?  If the knife thing works out maybe I can make a canteen to auction also!  I will be in Africa during this years Classic which makes me sick inside so would have to have the canteen done long before then.  They do take several days to make  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 10:14:25 pm »
No, I don't have a PayPal account. How hard are they to set up? I imagine they take a bite of every apple that passes thru...how big is their bite?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 11:15:34 pm »
Its not hard to set up.  You link it to a bank account.  I'm not sure what percentage they keep but it isn't much.  It makes transferring money very easy.  A few clicks on the keyboard and you can send whatever you want to a person.  When you receive the money you can choose the option to put it in your bank account.  It takes 2-3 days to actually make it into your bank.  I opened a new checking account at the credit union and use that for paypal.  I wanted to keep it separate from our main account for safety reasons.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 11:38:09 pm »
I'm in.  A little green back in a birthday card has worked for grandmothers of decades.  ;)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 11:44:07 pm »
Big thanks to those that are chipping in.  Going to open a second checking account at my bank and them establish the PayPal account.  Should have that up and rolling early next week.