Author Topic: Have bobcat skins cased and frozen to trade  (Read 5167 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Have bobcat skins cased and frozen to trade
« on: March 05, 2014, 09:44:00 pm »
Have bobcat skins cased and frozen to trade. Wrapped up and shipped priority mail they will arrive frozen.

PM me is interested. These bobcats were shot and will have a small quarter size or smaller size hole in them.

I'm not in need of anything. Just toss offers out and if I lik it we can make a deal..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline 4dog

Re: Have bobcat skins cased and frozen to trade
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 10:39:49 am »
everything i got to trade ..you also have !!  (snakeskins) lol
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:51:29 am »
If love to have it, no idea how to tan it
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 12:19:16 pm »
Use Tannit solution Bruce. Easy as pie and works fine. Rub it on and let it sit to dry as long as it takes. Its hard, but can be worked over a round bar to soften it up if need be. Costs about $20 and will do 15-20 cat hides Id bet.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 01:00:18 pm »
Thanks Chris, I think I'm gonna have to wait for more projects. The wifey wouldn't be happy about a frozen hide in the freezer lol. I need a quiver so I wanna make one... Someday lol.
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 03:08:10 pm »
I'm interested, need to get home and check what kinda trade goods I have to offer.  Custom Knife maybe? dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 10:35:09 pm »
Thanks Chris, I think I'm gonna have to wait for more projects. The wifey wouldn't be happy about a frozen hide in the freezer lol. I need a quiver so I wanna make one... Someday lol.

A small deep freeze in the garage is so worth it.  My wife about lost it when she found a beaver head in our freezer. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 10:48:55 pm »
Clint,
I absolutely can believe the stuff your wife has to put up with......she must be one heck of a woman.... :)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 09:57:35 am »
My wife is use to critters in our deep freezer she just has the kids get what she needs out of it. Rinharts tanning cream works awsome on bobcats or any thing else you want to tan but pickeling is the key to making the hair not to slip. I use ultimate acid you can purchase these items through Mckenzie taxidermy

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 10:48:56 pm »
Check your regs, Some states you cannot ship green hides. Must be stretched and dried and properly tagged. Just sayin.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 04:26:07 pm »
I believe you are going to need a citi tag also, they get kinda pissy with the spotted furs an such. Cip, do those Texas cats have the real nice white belly with dark spots or are they like our Pa. cats not real flashy. Bob

Offline criveraville

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 02:51:46 am »
They are pretty flashy.  I am looking into the rules now.  Yes.  They get funny about cat furs. 
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 02:53:38 am »
The top one is a prime female that I caught in a live trap.  No holes in the skin.  That one is mine.   ;)

The other one I got tonight.  And the four in the pic were called in and have 223 entry and exit wounds. 

Offline criveraville

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 03:03:33 am »
Here is a pic of a huge coon we caught in a live trap as well.  The first two animals we caught were in a live trap.  The bobcat and the coon. 

Here in Texas we can trap and hunt varmints year round.  I figured I would start trapping and saving the hides.  We have lots of fox and big coyotes, but I have yet to catch any.  I caught four skunks, but no way I was going to skin the. 

Offline ck3282

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 08:42:48 am »
I have some nice eastern red cedar and pignut hickory staves if your interested. I do a little trapping here in nc but our seasons over and have yet to get a bobcat . Plenty of skunks here too !! I did skin the first one but I was so worried about rabies it just ddidn't feel worth it to me. Switched to #1 3/4 coilspring n set pan tension really high so as to avoid them but they seem to be jumping up n down on my pans cause I keep catchin the boogers..