Author Topic: Archery tattoos  (Read 18349 times)

Offline BowSlayer

Archery tattoos
« on: February 28, 2014, 01:32:29 pm »
hey all. know I haven't posted here for a while, but I was wondering if you guys have any archery tattoos? im not really thinking about getting one right now but might do in the future and would love to see some. thanks
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
Re: Archery tattoos
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 02:43:43 pm »
Oh crap.....
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 02:48:51 pm »
get an archer half drawing a bow between your shoulders, that way when you pull your shoulders forward itll lool like hes coming to full draw

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 12:10:41 am »
Don't so it.. Carry crayola crayon water markers with you and give yourself a new tatt everyday.
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 01:48:04 am »
Tat it up...Have quite a few Native tats, but no Archery Tats...Just make sure it is something You would show Your Mother In Law...Just good advice..
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 10:12:50 am »
I saw an article the other day about how some folk tattooed themselves out of consideration for available jobs, something to think about. One thing to remember, the current tattoo trend is a fad and will fade away like all other fads have in the past. Come to think of it, your tattoos will fade as well and look pretty bad in another 20 years or so, just look at some old WW11 vet's tats, nothing to get excited about for sure.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 12:49:44 pm »
As a little boy, and like all little boys, I worshipped my dad and was gonna do everything like him.  I used to trace the old school Navy anchor, rope, and crossed daggers tattoo on his forearm.  I loved it and all it stood for.  One day I told  him I would get a tattoo just like it.  He told me that if I did, no matter how old I was, he'd beat my ass from here to Hong Kong. He only got it because all his buddies told him THEY were all going to get it, too. When his was finished they all chickened out.

And like all little boys, I grew up and went thru all the Oedipal things young boys do to prove they are NOT their father.  I have disappointed him in more ways than I can count, including having a tattoo artist for a best friend!  Just two weeks ago we were sitting around and I was telling another story about me and Mikey (the tat guy) and my Dad asked me, "So, how damn many tattoos have you got."  I just grinned, stood up, and pulled off my shirt.  I turned around slowly to give him good look.  "Not a damn one!" I told him.   

I am not saying don't get a tattoo.  I am saying something MUCH more important.  Don't make a permanent mistake out of a temporary feeling.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline DavidV

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 01:33:31 pm »
Tattoos have become a lot more accepted in the workplace recently but you still have to watch where you get it. I'm 19 and about 80 percent of my peers have them. I have one on my arm.

Have an idea and if you still think it's a good idea in a year or two go ahead... don't do something you'll regret. Oh and don't be cheap!
Springfield, MO

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 01:39:42 pm »
I saw an article the other day about how some folk tattooed themselves out of consideration for available jobs, something to think about. One thing to remember, the current tattoo trend is a fad and will fade away like all other fads have in the past. Come to think of it, your tattoos will fade as well and look pretty bad in another 20 years or so, just look at some old WW11 vet's tats, nothing to get excited about for sure.

What he said. As a teacher where I work if you have one you have to keep it covered up. My dad had a small "C" on his hand, but when he met my mom my grandmother didn't care much for him because the first and only thing she saw was his small tattoo. My dad burned it down and out with acid. He also has a small C on his thigh, but that one is not visible to all.

Like JW said. Two things I have not disobeyed or dishonored my dad on are getting a tattoo and getting on a motorcycle.

As I young man I wanted both, but a promise to your pops is a promise.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 03:57:17 pm »
got two tats..neither of then archery related..and both can be hidden..keep that in mind if ya get inked..can you hide em.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 04:28:56 pm »
 "just remember when yer 80 a butterfly on yer back'l look like a buzzard in the crack"   ~ unknown auther
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 08:23:34 pm »
I have 5 none of them archery all but one can be covered with a tshirt the one that can't is my wedding band I see nothing wrong with them just be smart about my 2 cents
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 08:43:05 pm »
forgot about my wedding band...guess thats three..one shows all the time... O:)
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline KrisDelger

• Just another guy breaking sticks
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 10:57:42 pm »
No archery tats thus far, but being someone who's pretty into the idea of body modification and making the changes you find appealing to your own body I'm probably likely to get one; maybe just an arrow or something who knows. Got piercings a-pleanty but no tats quite yet. Just remember unless you make a really really good living it's going to be on your body for the rest of your live.
Just a young guy with a filing cabinet for a memory and a whole lot of useless information.

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 12:11:41 am »
It used to be taboo. Now after almost 13 years of War, Vets with "Meat Tags"(Tats to identify you if a traumatic kill were to happen to you) are quite common. Have even seen State Troopers with tats that show. Makes a proud statement of having seen the elephant....Not saying they are for everyone, but you can read a story in those that have served.
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.