Author Topic: Poplar Board Bow  (Read 4933 times)

Offline adb

Re: Poplar Board Bow
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 01:17:13 pm »
Poplar is ryoon's favourite bow wood. Right buddy?  8)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 01:34:53 pm »
Victor is right. Properly designed, almost any wood can make a bow. The question lies in how long they last. Take a poplar bow and make it a weekly shooter for a year or two and it probably wont be around. Use hickory or elm and it lasts a lifetime.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline ajooter

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 01:44:00 pm »
I have some nice hickory drying that I should be able to rough out soon.  Im looking forward to that.  Ultimately making a bow from a tree stave is the plan.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 02:05:29 pm »
If you can build a poplar bow with no issues, you'll breeze right through a hickory bow!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 02:30:50 pm »
Only the second one I'e seen from poplar, pretty cool and nice work getting it to work so well for ya.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline echatham

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 05:07:11 pm »
didn't anybody ever tell ya you can't build a poplar bow?  :laugh:

Offline ajooter

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 05:58:59 pm »
Yeah....thats the word out there...but I dont listen too well.  Like pearl said it probably won't last as long as some of the other white woods but for now its a bow.  I will surely let everybody know when its firewood  ::).  It would be way cool to see it laying across a fat whitetail this fall though  >:D.  I will have some other better efforts by then hopefully.