Author Topic: My Goal  (Read 4685 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

My Goal
« on: February 03, 2014, 09:11:40 pm »
One of my life goals is to change this culture into one that is more aware and understands nature better.  I made a video that encompasses what I mean.  I want to show the world the natural beauty and what all nature provides for us that we don't really realize.  I don't want to just make video for animal lovers, primitive archers, or survivalists. I want to make videos for everyone and do that in a way that they are interesting to the average human.  So let me know what y'all think.

^^^^^CLICK^^^^^
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 07:42:43 pm by PrimitiveTim »
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: My Goal
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 09:29:57 pm »
And that is why the Black Hills Raptor Center eats 30+ hours of my life every week.  That's why someone like me that does not like being around kids did 177 classroom presentations with the birds.  That's why I go to large public venues to do programs when I would rather be in the woods alone. 

Because when people do not understand nature, they do not value it. When they do not value it, they don't care what happens to it.  And you know where things go from there. 

Inspire a little wonder, a little awe, a little thrill in everything you do, Tim.  I knew there was something I liked about you.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 09:35:27 pm »
Pretty nice video. Not sure how smart it was being that close to the gator, though. Reminded me of the guy that shot all of the videos making friends with the Grizzlies.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 10:24:49 pm »
Pretty nice video. Not sure how smart it was being that close to the gator, though. Reminded me of the guy that shot all of the videos making friends with the Grizzlies.

You mean "Mr. Scat" ? ::) :P :P

Wayne

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 10:37:51 pm »
The guy was telling the truth.  The bears loved him.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 10:41:16 pm »
every little morsel!!!!   :o
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 07:48:36 am »

Not to mention how illegal it is if the wrong Game Officer sees it. :-X
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 09:12:26 am »
  You done a good job putting that one together Tim. I liked the frogs and their noises, made me feel like I was outside there for a moment...
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 12:07:10 pm »
Not to mention how illegal it is if the wrong Game Officer sees it. :-X
What's illegal about sitting next to an alligator?  Admittedly it's not the best idea but I've looked at the laws about alligators.  No feeding, chasing, or harassing.  They don't say anything about proximity.  For the record this wasn't your normal alligator.  I've had plenty of experience with alligators and even their African cousins.  This was not an alligator that wanted to do me any harm and notice how I was pretty far from the business end.  Had it wanted to bite me there's no way it would have had a chance.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Parnell

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 12:20:17 pm »
Keep up the good work!  Just be careful swimming with sting rays.  We don't need you to copy the Crocodile Hunter!
1’—>1’

Offline silverfox

• Ohio Subscription #108669
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 02:03:27 pm »
Great video, very well done
New to all of this primitive stuff. Just taking it all in, and learning every time I come here.

Subscription # 108669

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 05:00:01 pm »
Kinda funny that White folks are getting around to seeing what we Natives have for millenia...Glad that the symbiotic relationship of man and nature is once again being discovered in a modern era. It has been missing(and is missing) from to many peoples lives...

As Chief Seath(Seattle) Stated " When the fish no longer swim the rivers, The deer No longer Roam the woods, and the Eagle no longer soars in the sky, Man shal die of a terrible lonliness"...
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline Mike Joe

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 05:15:42 pm »
You got a subscription from me. Great video and great editing.  ;)
"Son, we don't really care how it looks, We want it to work." - John McPherson

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 05:31:30 pm »
Tim
I admire your zest for life.
you have it figured out.
there is a lot more to life than cell phones and video games.
Kevin

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 08:39:46 pm »
Thanks guys for the encouragement!

Mohawk, I'm glad I could give you a chuckle.