Author Topic: 2014 bow trade works in progress  (Read 231792 times)

Offline IdahoMatt

Re: 2014 bow trade works in progress
« Reply #1065 on: July 25, 2014, 09:32:49 am »
Man when I got back from the post office yesterday I saw so etching on the ground at my work, picked it up and realized it what the arrow rest.  It must have fallen off when I took it out to show my coworker.  DAMN.  Kinda embarrassing.  Should I just send a little rest in the mail. Today.  The contact cement must have failed. Boo. 

Offline autologus

« Reply #1066 on: July 25, 2014, 10:18:22 am »
That kind of stuff happens, its an easy fix nothing to be embarrassed about.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline bubby

« Reply #1067 on: July 25, 2014, 11:04:10 am »
It's up to you Matt but I wouldn't sweat it, ask them when they get the bow
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #1068 on: July 25, 2014, 11:09:59 am »
Cool thanks for that guys.  I will tell him when he gets it. 

Offline Parnell

« Reply #1069 on: July 25, 2014, 01:21:31 pm »
Aaaaaaaaaaand done.  I really like this bow, gonna miss it and I might have to make another. Coming in at 48# right now at 28".  It's a Hickory bow so I wouldn't be surprised to see this bow pick up 5# or so in conditions other than S Florida!  68" long and smooth and quiet.  Used the scalloped back idea from the Mohawk bow and gave it a cotton wrap for the handle, which is my favorite, and made a funky flourescent pink/orange FF string with muskrat silencers.  It hits where I look.

I should make it over to the post office this afternoon.  Just gonna get a full draw shot first before I do.

Cheers guys!

Stephen
1’—>1’

Offline skarhand

« Reply #1070 on: July 25, 2014, 01:23:20 pm »
Matt...your embarrassment is nothing compared to what I ma feeling right now...lol.

I went online to track my package and see how it was doing....its is scheduled as  out for delivery. YAY...until I realize that I wrote the addresses on the package backward, and mailed it to my house. From the post office.

I may be the only person in the history of PA that will be mailing my bow out twice.

Oh great, and to make it even worse...AS I WAS WRITING this post, my wife called me to tell me I got a package...

Sigh...Well, my guy will have to wait 'till I can mail it out AGAIN on Monday, LOL.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #1071 on: July 25, 2014, 01:32:46 pm »
Matt...your embarrassment is nothing compared to what I ma feeling right now...lol.

I went online to track my package and see how it was doing....its is scheduled as  out for delivery. YAY...until I realize that I wrote the addresses on the package backward, and mailed it to my house. From the post office.

I may be the only person in the history of PA that will be mailing my bow out twice.

Oh great, and to make it even worse...AS I WAS WRITING this post, my wife called me to tell me I got a package...

Sigh...Well, my guy will have to wait 'till I can mail it out AGAIN on Monday, LOL.

CAN'T  -  STOP  -  LAUGHING  ! ! !  That has got to be the funniest post office story ever!

OneBow

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #1072 on: July 25, 2014, 02:03:40 pm »

CAN'T  -  STOP  -  LAUGHING  ! ! !  That has got to be the funniest post office story ever!

OneBow

I posted a while back that you know you are doing right by the Bow Trade when you really want to keep the bow for yourself.  Freudian slip, skarhand???
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline autologus

« Reply #1073 on: July 25, 2014, 02:07:23 pm »
Stephen, that bow looks awesome the contrasting colors and the vibrancy is amazing.  There is just so much to like about that bow. 

The thing that has struck me so far about this trade is so many people are saying how they sure hate to see their bows go, this tells me that there is so much being put into crafting something for someone else.  I feel the same way, the bow I am making is going to be hard to let go of as well but I know someone out there put their heart and soul into making something for me just as I have for someone else.  That is what this trade is all about.

Grady

Offline bubby

« Reply #1074 on: July 25, 2014, 07:06:39 pm »
that came out sweet Parnell, someones gonna be happy
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline doulosparachristos

« Reply #1075 on: July 25, 2014, 09:31:47 pm »
Well, here is some prof that I'm actually working. So far I have it tillered to 28" I cant give you a ballpark weight because I don't want to give away too much info. It's 30mm wide and deep at the handle, tapers to half inch tips and is 74" NtN so you can do the math ;). somehow the string alignment shifted a little off center so it just got some heat treating. I'll probably only tiller it another inch, but what do you guys think so far?
Philippians 3: 7-11

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #1076 on: July 25, 2014, 09:34:14 pm »
Can't see a thing in those photos, doulosparachristos.  Finish it, send it to me, and I will comment further at THAT point!   >:D

Offline autologus

« Reply #1077 on: July 25, 2014, 10:12:03 pm »
Wow that is a gorgeous longbow.

Grady

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #1078 on: July 25, 2014, 11:51:18 pm »
21 days left to ship. 

Offline 4dog

« Reply #1079 on: July 26, 2014, 01:17:00 am »
lookin pretty good there doulos!!  8)
"SET" is always there !!!