Author Topic: Thank you Lord, can we have some more, please?  (Read 4439 times)

Offline half eye

Thank you Lord, can we have some more, please?
« on: January 27, 2014, 10:51:36 am »
 The weather the last few weeks has been a tad harsh, even by our standards. Was gonna fling some arrows today, but decided to suck some coffee instead >:D
rich

Offline Trapper Rob

Re: Thank you Lord, can we have some more, please?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 11:08:38 am »
How deep is it Rich.

Offline half eye

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 11:22:58 am »
Trapper, It varies from one foot to 20 foot depends on where the wind is blowin from, eh? Our "official" snow fall to date is just over 110 inches. The deal around here is the temps near zero, 20-35 mph winds and lake effect snow and wind chills about 20 below zero. Nothin new but it aint let off for about 5/6 weeks now and getting a tad old....usually there will be a day or two where it will get about 30/32 and melt down some but not this year. 8)
rich

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 11:29:38 am »
That's crazy, were having our worse drought in California history over here. We would gladly take some of that snow. It's gotten so bad that horse ranchers have had to sell there horses to slaughter houses or just give them away becauase there is a major shortage in feed.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 11:35:19 am »
Say Yes to Michigan!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 12:04:49 pm »
It's been similar in Southern Indiana too. Not that much snow though.  Cold as heck though and not letting up. It did get above freezing over the weekend.  Took a great walk w/ my 6 yrold yesterday. 

Bowman53, I heard that too, man that blows for you all out there.  Hope you get some precipitation soon.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 12:06:13 pm »
Glad I can walk barefoot on the Beach down here. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 12:44:27 pm »
Ugh, don't miss that!  I'll take the sand, instead.
1’—>1’

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 01:08:14 pm »
I feel for you, at least we are getting an occasional break down here in Indiana. I went to bed last night it was 43 degrees (had been near 50 all afternoon), I got up to go to work it was 10 degrees, by the time I got to work it was 8 with wind chills at -15.

We have been to a couple of bow shoots so far this year and both have hit on one of the upswings. We plan on doing another this weekend, I hope that trend continues!

Don Case

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 01:42:19 pm »
Pink fletching and allow about 20 feet for windage >:D

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 02:14:31 pm »
Not much better in NW MN. 50 mile an hour winds yesterday. Highways closed down. I have about 2 feet of snow in my driveway right now, and no snow blower...Stay warm everyone...
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 02:45:16 pm »
I have been enjoying the dryer weather
when the temps are 0 or below I feel better
I have been outside more in the last 3 weeks or so than I have all fall and winter combined !
Gets a little hard to see ta times with the sideways snow ,but I can't see real well anyway so I keep going
Went up to that state up north for the archery expo had a good time and saw a few friends
Take care Rich , spring will come sooner or later
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 03:41:17 pm »
yup, been a real michigan winter...we've had it all; snow, ice, extreme cold, wind, and even all at once, ha!

Be nice to get a break, been cooped up with the kiddos most of the winter - to say i'm ready for spring is an understatement!

Now i wonder what summer is gonna be like...   :o
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 05:05:32 pm »
Us guys in the UK would gladly trade some of our endless rain for a bit of a dry spell....Rain, rain and more rain with gale force winds tearing up our woods and flooding all around.  :-\ :-\
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Offline JEB

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 06:52:00 pm »
It has been a tougher than normal winter here in Michigan.  Last week we had 74" on snow so far and a normal average winter is only 65" for the whole winter.  Kids have been off school so much they have to make lost days at the end of the school year.

Today, one county sheriff will have his deputies write a ticket to anyone driving (excluding emergencies) and another sheriff will have his deputies write anyone who winds up in a ditch for driving too fast for conditions.  This is really serious weather.

In Minnesota propane went from under $2.00 a gallon to $5.80 a gallon with a 100 gallon fill cap per visit.  Here in Michigan it is up to $3.50 a gallon.