Author Topic: Knew it was coming, but still hard...  (Read 6507 times)

Offline Dalton Knapper

Re: Knew it was coming, but still hard...
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 06:42:06 pm »
Breaks my heart and I don't even know you or her. I just love dogs and their devotion to us, their spirit and the very good nature they have. We are all better people for having dogs. They make us better people if we listen to what they are "telling us." Remember her well Stringman.

Sorry.

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 07:22:12 pm »
that sure sucks bro, there's nothin like a good dog,and the only thing that seems to help is getting another one or two.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline warpath

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 07:36:21 pm »
Sorry for your loss Scott. Lost my dog a few years ago and it's not the same without her. Still can't bring myself to get another that's how special she was. All you can do is cherish the memories. "Oney"

G

Stringman

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 07:57:26 pm »
Thank you for all the kind sentiments. It's been a bit of a dreary day. Decided to cremate since the ground was utterly frozen. And tending the fire just kept her in the front of my mind all day. She taught me a lot and I hope made me a better dog owner. You are right DK and I will do my best to "remember her well!"

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 07:59:50 pm »
What a beautiful dog!
Whenever I think of my dog I take comfort in the thought that, "All dogs go to heaven"

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 11:45:49 pm »
They are indeed man's best friend - sorry for your loss.  Sounds like she had a wonderful life.
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 11:58:41 pm »
I'm so sorry. It is very hard. We had a couple cats we were feeding outside our house, alley cats. But one had lived under our van for two years, my wife loved the cat, and fed it sometimes 4 times a day,  ::). It was at our door every morning and every night wanting food. My wife had me build em a little shelter that would keep em warm in the winter. He had a little buddy he picked up somewhere too he was hanging out with. And sometime right before halloween, I swear someone just did something with him. I'm not sure who, I think it might of been our neighbor, even though they said they hadn't. I'm sure someone did something with them, because that cat did not wander around or anything. And both of those cats disappeared in the same night. It still pisses me off. Because we should of just brought the cat in to live with us. We just already had 5 is all. And now it is probably dead.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 12:16:58 am »
I feel Your pain. The wife and I have no children, But we have 3 dogs and 4 cats. The eldest fuzzy kid is a Rotty-Chow mix that is just a wonderful friend. She has started going down hill fast and I fear she may have cancer..It is breaking our hearts..I know what You must have gone through, as I am walking that path right now....Condolences...
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline Lemos

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 12:33:03 am »
Man! I'm sorry for your loss. It's tough to lose a friend.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 12:49:20 am »
I love the photo you chose for this memorial thread, Scott.  The big old grin, alert eyes, and relaxed posture shows a dog that is in a good and safe environment, happy as a clam!

If someone can't understand God's unconditional love, they need to spend some time with a good dog.

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 01:42:07 am »
Scott so sorry man.

Offline Marks

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 10:36:10 am »
Some dogs are just dogs and pets but some dogs are your best friends and just have that connection. You can see into their heart and they can see yours. I've got one like that at home now. Nothing can replace them. Sorry for your loss.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 12:50:48 pm »
I have never become attached to any pet since I lost my dog more than 30 years ago. Makes it easier when they go the next time.  Right now our old dog has become a pest - she is black and likes to lay in the shadows wherever you are sitting so as to make sure you step on her when you get up. she is now mostly deaf and responds fairly well to my hand signal to go/come. 

I am sorry for your loss I do know how difficult it can be.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 01:34:18 pm »
Honestly, I prefer dogs over people most of the time.  I've lost several and it just plain hurts, I get it.  We got 2 rescue pups after our last loss and they are WONDERFUL dogs.  Time will see you through and I hope for you faith.  Life is too short not to open up your heart to unconditional love, what more important thing is there?

Personally, I believe in the "rainbow bridge".  My dogs have been my best friends.  I'll look to see them again someday! 
Sorry for the pain you feel.
1’—>1’

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 02:22:18 pm »
Sorry for your loss Scott, it's never easy, even when you do know its coming.  I've lost a couple of them, one of them quite tragically, and the following two weeks were some of the darkest days of my life.  Hang in there, it won't be long and you'll find some mongrel to take in. 

You can never replace a dog, but even knowing the pain that comes when you have to part ways, it doesn't compare to everything they teach you along the way. I can't imagine there will ever come a time where I don't have one or two in my life :)