Author Topic: Mongolian horn bow  (Read 9300 times)

Offline Bwingle82

Mongolian horn bow
« on: January 21, 2014, 10:19:53 pm »
I have a mongolian horn composite made from ibex horn sinew and 5 piece wood core! Back is covered in birchbark and painted in traditional mongolian designs! Made by mr Batmunkh head of mongolian archery society comes with 6 arrows vulture feathers and assorted war points! Horse head carved from ibex horn on top siyah and tip of ibex horn on bottom! I custom ordered this bow and waited about 6 months for it pulls around 55lbs I'd say! I'm looking for and svt 40 tokarev rifle and would possibly take an m1 garand! I love milsurp semi autos if you have something nice email me I live in ca 10rd max mags I have over $1000 into this bow I've only shot it once the thing is so flexible feels like rubber sits at a nice reflex when rested and has a very long draw length! Bwingle82@hotmail.com no modern ar 15 type rifles please
M

Offline Bwingle82

Re: Mongolian horn bow
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:24:23 pm »
Oh I forgot to mention I purchased extra string as well very interesting hand made strings
Pm me or email me and make me an offer

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 12:21:39 am »
man id love to go for this bow but I dont own that type of fire power, bet it would go faster with some pics up (i just wanna see!) if ya want anything else for it i would go waaaaaaaaay out of my way
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!

Offline Bwingle82

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 12:52:46 am »
I will work on some pics! Not to internet savvy! The only reason I'm really selling or trading it is to aquire several desired firearms otherwise I never would, I also have a beautiful Turkish horn bow but that one I would never sell:) I'm a bow maker and literally have bows coming out my ears:) drives the wife nuts!!! I just finished going through a hupa bow phase I got some highly reflexed yew composites after much trial and error!!! Three failed attempts at horn bow composites, just destroyed a trophy set of bighorn sheep horns ugh!!! But if I do figure the pic thing out I will post a pic of my nicest yew paddle 7" of reflex after 2 years 38" long and I made the paint with inorganic pigment pulls close to 70lbs anyways if anyone wants any other specific bows I might make a trade I also have a nice miwok from dense desert juniper cut at 5600' with sinew hook nocks and that one holds about 6" of reflex unstrung!!! Probly 50-60 lbs

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 09:37:34 am »
I also forgot, welcome to the forum, lots of great people here. Any time you figure out the picture issues (i had some myself) I am sure eveyone would be really excited to see your work. I really like the sounds of that miwok bow myself!

John
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!

Offline Bwingle82

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 10:30:40 am »
Thank you I've been making bows about 15 years I went back to the ozarks to visit a friend when I was 14 and he lived down the street from D C Waldorf and I did chores around his house in exchange to learn how to make bows I spent a week with him and made a sinew backed snakeskin Osage bow!

Offline Parnell

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 01:08:31 pm »
That is an interesting post.  Please, entertain us with pics if possible.  Wish I could help you with the trade but would really like to the bows.
1’—>1’

Offline Eric Garza

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 08:02:44 pm »
It's been years since I've bought, sold or even owned firearms, but is it not still true that any trades or sales of such must go through a licensed firearm dealer? If you do a trade through this forum, aren't you opening yourself and the person you trade with to the possibility of some pretty harsh legal consequences?

Offline Bwingle82

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 08:46:17 pm »
All out of state transfers or in state in my state must go through an ffl as per federal firearms act of 1968 yes sir you are correct!!  That why I cannot recieve gun to my house that violates federal law!! I would happily send a copy of my friend Evans ffl license which will have the address they will ship to as well as the dates the license is valid. Evan will hold gun for ten days per ca law and dros it to me through ca dept of justice! This will include backround check (even though I've done it 50x) and cost me $45.00! I'm an avid firearms enthusiast and calgun member with the utmost respect for keeping the law! Oh and private parties firearms sales are exempt from having to register with ca dept of justice whereas a business must have a ca authorization number! And my ffl Evan also charges me sales tax which goes to the state based on gun value! Ibelieve I have all the bases covered! Also the guns I'm interested in fall under c&r curio relic status because they're over 50 years old allowing me to have bayonets n such which are normally illegal here! If you have any other worries/concerns please ask I'm happy to answer any questions regarding legality of such a thing! Even in the peoples republic of California it's legal:)

Offline Bwingle82

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 08:52:54 pm »
If somebody wants to pm me and walk me through how to put pics up with my iPhone I will!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 08:16:58 am »
It's been years since I've bought, sold or even owned firearms, but is it not still true that any trades or sales of such must go through a licensed firearm dealer? If you do a trade through this forum, aren't you opening yourself and the person you trade with to the possibility of some pretty harsh legal consequences?

I've traded several people on this site bows for firearms. Old black powder can be mailed, the rest goes through a gun dealer. Still not a big deal, just cost a little more and you're in the Governments system.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline artcher1

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 09:08:39 am »
I don't know about the rest of you, but it rubs me every time to have to pay that transfer fee through a gun dealer for collectables.

For just 30 bucks you can get your type 03 FFL. Takes 30 days. And it's good for 5 yrs. C&R guns can be shipped straight to your home. For trading purpose, and if you have your license, all you have to do is e-mail a copy if your license to the sender. You also get a wallet size license for purchases at gun shops/shows with no background check. Walk in, pay, walk out...........Art

Offline Bwingle82

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 10:03:01 am »
Ugh archer 1 I regret to inform you that long gun registration begun jan 1st here in communist California that being said all long guns must run through ffl type 01! Basically making c&r good for out of state face to face cash and carry only! And then you would still be breaking the law not to register them upon entering Cali! But the burden of proof lies with law enforcement to prove you didn't already have that antique!!! I can say that is one instance where I would never go out of my way to register a weapon! Registration leads to confiscation!! Happening in New York just like it did in nazi Germany and communist Russia history repeats itself! It's sad when society becomes to ignorant to learn what happens when a tyrannical government starts disarming people!! The founding fathers I believe it was Jefferson told us if a law violates the constitution you are not only obliged to disregard it! But you must not submit yourself to it!! Please don't take this the wrong way I don't suggest anybody break any laws and carry out my transactions with others for firearms in lawful manner as not to put anyone else in an unlawful situation!! I also keep up with all my states draconian gun laws (a daunting task)!! Just to make sure! One more founder quote James Madison "Congress shall pass no laws from which they themselves are exempt"!! The California senate at the end of 2013 voted themselves exempt from all the tyrannical gun bills they introduced!!! Tyrants

Offline Bwingle82

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 10:13:27 am »
That's why I'm on here trading one of my beloved horn bows!! I stockpiled weapons last year prior to registration even hiding several purchases from the wife! Easier to ask forgiveness than permission right? Wrong I think:) honey what is this:) ummmm?!?! If I buy another gun I think she's going to shoot me with it I was told no gun buys for one year!! I can't do it I'm to weak so here I am offering my hornbow!!!

Offline artcher1

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 10:28:20 am »
Maybe you should leave before they make that illegal too! ;D