Author Topic: Primitive/trad bowfishing reels?  (Read 4425 times)

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
Re: Primitive/trad bowfishing reels?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 08:55:29 pm »
I seem yo recall a beautiful yew reel being made for last years christmas exchange.

I think your talking about my spool ;D I sent prairie bowyer a yew stump and he sent me back an excellent spool.

Could be. According to my wife I always remember stuff wrong. ???
But at least i got the yew part right. ;)
Steve Bennett

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 09:06:42 pm »
I cant post pics with my phone but ive made a couple on the lathe similar to some others here. I sent one to Cade in a Christmas trade a couple years back and I use mine all the time and it works well.. I dont want to drill holes in my bows so i made mine tape-on style... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline RyanR

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 09:41:48 pm »
I cant post pics with my phone but ive made a couple on the lathe similar to some others here. I sent one to Cade in a Christmas trade a couple years back and I use mine all the time and it works well.. I dont want to drill holes in my bows so i made mine tape-on style... Brian
You can buy a device that straps on a longbow that accepts a screw in reel. I think it is made by Great Northern. 3Rivers sells them.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 12:00:06 am »
Been meanin to get one of those for my AMS & 808... Theyre rather pricey for a 5/16 nut in a rubber strap tho, lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....