Author Topic: Osage for the Brit's! Please help!  (Read 4699 times)

Offline steve b.

Re: Osage for the Brit's! Please help!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 02:13:35 am »
Do you guys ever go to Ireland, or how much would it be to ship from Ireland to you?

mikekeswick

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 04:25:10 am »
Steve B - now that's an interesting question!? Why Ireland?
As has been suggested billets would be ok too if that would help with the postage?
So it looks like there are a few of us here in Blighty interested in getting some staves/billets sent over.....pretty please can someone help?!?
I know there are other ways to ship than UPS because there is a hardwood supplier here that gets lots of osage in...however everything he gets is bought by Mr.Bickerstaffe (and it's the same with hickory logs)...i've asked him to keep some for me but I suspect there is some sort of deal going on between them...exclusivety n all that....which is a real pain!
Yes I know about import duties or whatever they call them...your new parcel turns up and bam here's another bill! Oh thanks!

Offline steve b.

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 04:45:59 am »
I Pm'd you..........

blackhawk

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 08:21:27 am »
There's only a few guys that I know that might bite,but can't promise ya they wood ...bubby is right....near bow dimension billets would be best,and its sounding like a dozen plus pairs are in order here...and that's a lot of work for whoever takes that on and would need to be "paid" even more for his efforts...so either way ya look at it its gonna cost ya a pretty pound which ever way...contact Gary Davis and have a chat with him...not sure if he'd bite tho? He's getting older n u know how that goes....if ya want I can pm ya someone else who might,but not sure either as that can be a headache sometimes to deal with orders like this...I pretty much know everyone who has a good stock of osage over here who is a stand up reputable guy,and i don't know too many who will be willing to take that on...your gonna have to start making phone calls and start wheeling and dealing to make it worth all there effort IMHO

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 10:36:28 am »
I think that this is one of those things, it will cost about the same to ship 10 staves as it would to ship 1,000 pounds worth. Check with freightquote.com to get and Idea how much it would cost to ship a box that is 6'x3'x2' that weighs 1,000 lbs and go from there.