Author Topic: Osage for the Brit's! Please help!  (Read 4698 times)

mikekeswick

Osage for the Brit's! Please help!
« on: December 18, 2013, 04:39:47 am »
Hi fellas,
this is a desperate call from the UK for some of the finest bow wood out there! No seriously...Me and Dwardo are interested in getting hold of some osage staves. We are looking to get a few at the same time to hopefully save on postage over buying single staves. Personally i'd be interested in upto 5 staves plus a few for Dwardo.
If any of you are interested please get in touch and we can work out a trade or whatever is easiest?
Many thanks and looking forward to making some yella dust  :)
Mike

Offline dwardo

Re: Osage for the Brit's! Please help!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 11:25:26 am »

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 11:51:19 am »
Riiiight between the the eyes Dwardy! Kittys faces wont help you this time!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 11:56:47 am »
Hi Fellas,  I might be up for a few if shipping becomes workable cost-wise for sharing ....I'm in Surrey but will travel for the yella stuff.
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Offline dwardo

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 02:33:01 pm »
Riiiight between the the eyes Dwardy! Kittys faces wont help you this time!

Yer a bad man,

Offline dwardo

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 02:35:10 pm »
Hi Fellas,  I might be up for a few if shipping becomes workable cost-wise for sharing ....I'm in Surrey but will travel for the yella stuff.

Thats the plan. Rather than shipping one bit of wood at a time, bulking things up so us poor UK bowyers can get some yellow gold.
Obviously it would have to work for the person (kind folk) sending the staves, labour, shipping, time etc.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 02:46:42 pm »
It costs us about $200 USD to ship a 15 oz, 64" bow to Danny in England. I cant even imagine what 100# of osage would cost. I hope you guys score some staves.

For the record dwardo: I  love cats, I even have one. I only shoot unhealthy cats for folks that cant afford to have a vet do it with an injection.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline dwardo

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 03:08:31 pm »
It costs us about $200 USD to ship a 15 oz, 64" bow to Danny in England. I cant even imagine what 100# of osage would cost. I hope you guys score some staves.

For the record dwardo: I  love cats, I even have one. I only shoot unhealthy cats for folks that cant afford to have a vet do it with an injection.

Yeah the costs are quite silly. Was thinking rather than a UPS type affair a more long boat to china job. Either way if there are any osage dealers out there that have an idea then great if not nay worries. Just have to stick to our fantastic elm, cherry and yew.

Didnt have you pegged as a cat lover you big tart.  ;)

My Staffie tends to take care of our neighbourhood cats.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 03:20:41 pm »
Pit mix? Gorgeous dog.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 03:53:22 pm »
Good lookin Hound! dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline danny f

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 04:12:58 pm »
billets maybe your best bet, it only cost me £27 to send my takedown trade bow to the usa which is alot cheaper than it was to get mine here. another thing to think about is, when my tradebow arrived at my house there was a £23 charge at the front door as it wasnt from europe. so i dont know whether it would be dearer for more wood. but saying all this i would be glad to put some money in too to get some osage over here if it helps.

Offline bubby

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 05:04:12 pm »
maybe billets reduced to near bow demensions would lower the cost some
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 05:22:59 pm »
Danny... are you saying it cost you $50 to receive that bow? If so I am sorry and had no idea.

Offline danny f

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 05:38:55 pm »
it was £23 not sure what it is in USD  dont worry about it paul its ok i didnt mind  paying it, the bow was well worth it, :) i only mentioned it on this thread to give the lads a heads up so they new there maybe more charges that they may not know about.

Offline dwardo

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 05:44:54 pm »
We will have to look into weight versus length when shipping.

Kira is a rescue so no idea what her parents were. At a guess Staffordshire bull terrier crossed with a lab or who knows.
She makes a great chair.

I know I am going all out, cute cat pictures dog and cute kid shots..  ;)