Author Topic: Want to read a long story?  (Read 10859 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Want to read a long story?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 01:33:12 pm »
Ouch! Nice hat though.  ;D Still get you some leg sinew and knife handles. Maybe just take the top of the head off. You still have to tag him if there ain't no meat? Nice buck all the same, dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 01:39:47 pm »
I would be taking it back from then dogs if I were you
All out war !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 01:43:21 pm »
Congrats on the buck to bad about the meat.

Offline artcher1

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 02:10:09 pm »
Man, that's a real shame Pearly. Nice buck too! I feel for you brother!  Art

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2013, 02:16:59 pm »
Ouch! Nice hat though.  ;D Still get you some leg sinew and knife handles. Maybe just take the top of the head off. You still have to tag him if there ain't no meat? Nice buck all the same, dp

Those dogs yanked the innards right out, the smell was atrocious man. I have a very tough stomach and could barely hang out long enough to get through his neck. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

I do enjoy my Cromer's!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline DGF

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 02:59:32 pm »
Congrats on a nice buck and sorry to hear about them yotes. I say you plot revenge, but then again I'm known to hold a grudge.   >:D

I shot a doe in Wednesdays snow and couldn't see blood till I walked through where it pumped out. The snow was just to fluffy to hold it up top.

-Dan
Wyoming, MI

Offline PatM

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 03:08:17 pm »
The nerve of those Coyotes trying to survive. Shame about the deer but not in the grander scheme of things.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2013, 03:56:30 pm »
I don't have any desire to kill the coyotes or exact my revenge on them for eating a dead deer. However, they can all die of starvation if that means I recover a whole deer. I am more important to me than they they are.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline seabass

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2013, 05:13:41 pm »
sorry about your deer buddy.i would hunt over that carcass tonight and shoot those dogs.they will return.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Adam

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 05:24:38 pm »
Not that it will make you feel much better, but I think you should be commended for sticking with it even though you had a difficult tracking job.  There are a lot of guys out there that would just give up, but you did your best and recovered your deer.

Offline RyanR

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 05:37:06 pm »
Could you tell where he was hit or did the yotes tear it up too much. Always good information. Nice deer though. Good job following through.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 05:37:47 pm »
Thanks Adam. Ive been on a lot of goose chases for others critters and learned a lot. But this was my first goose chase with my own deer. It was a lot of work trudging through deep snow, wind blowing 15-20 mph and snowing mad. The blood speckles kept us trucking, hard to turn away from blood. A lot of things had to happen right for us to find him. Snow was essential, the local yocal stopping and telling us it was public across the highway and of course a lack of any other deer sign to muddle it up. Everything was right except the ending. Still on me, good shot=dead deer. I missed my mark by 3" on a quartered deer and paid for it. Id take the same shot tomorrow.

Stringman

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 05:58:58 pm »
I am more important to me than they are.

Well said!

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2013, 06:22:46 pm »
Nice Deer to Blood your Smoke Pole on.
I don't begrudge the Cyotes, hell it coulda been one of my Ancestors... 

But if it was me or them, you can bet its gonna be me...

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline PatM

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2013, 07:33:51 pm »
And they are more important to them... >:D Coyotes 1  Human 0. For this round at least.