Author Topic: Osage Christmas bow is done!  (Read 9968 times)

Offline wood_bandit 99

• Shoot straight my friends!!   55#@26"
Osage Christmas bow is done!
« on: December 14, 2013, 09:36:32 pm »
Thai is a bow I made for a guy in West Virginia. Kind of plain for my tastes as far as the actual bow but it came out AMAZING!! 8) really happy with it. Very fast, went completely through my target and is long for my draw and I was only pulling around 40#. It is 50# @ 28" bocote tips with old osage "underlay"? Very cool looking and weight saving I think. Leather handle and white tail deer fur rest. Super accurate. The guy named it "inokimi" which means happy. It is 70" ttt and 68" ntn. Slightly more eliptical tiller. Very cool how bit turned out. I am a little sad I have to send it to him and there is no way I would have sold it if I didn't build it for him.
"Judge a man by his questions, not his answers" ~Anonymous

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." ~Chinese Proverb

Offline wood_bandit 99

Re: Osage Christmas bow is done!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 09:38:21 pm »
More pics and money shot!

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." ~Chinese Proverb

Offline wood_bandit 99

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 09:40:10 pm »
Pics got stretched a little. Let's see if this full draw is better.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 09:45:12 pm »
Those are strange and wonderful tips, really out of the box kind of thinking!  Nice looking bow all around.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 09:48:40 pm »
Great bow, woodbandit. That nock scares me a little, but I'm sure Osage can handle it.

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 10:01:39 pm »
If that knock were on anything besides osage or hickory I'd refuse to draw it, but that looks sweet!
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 10:07:32 pm »
Wow that is very sweet very unique nocks hopefully they don't break
I like osage

Offline Crogacht

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 10:12:19 pm »
Damn that's nice...

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 11:46:06 pm »
EEEEEEEETTTTTTT phhhonnnnnne hhhhoooooommme lol idk why but your nocks remind me of E.T's finger lol.   

hope that finger doesnt poke someones eye out

Offline DuBois

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 11:53:41 pm »
Trippy and interesting. Cool idea ya got there.

Offline wood_bandit 99

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 11:59:59 pm »
EEEEEEEETTTTTTT phhhonnnnnne hhhhoooooommme lol idk why but your nocks remind me of E.T's finger lol.   

Lol that's what I thought. I have shot it about 150 times and it never broke. Thought it would be something kind of special and when I first string it I was praying. It works though and it made a MAJOR change in the speed it went from fast to HOLY CRAP!

Offline Badger

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 12:19:03 am »
  Beautiful job on the bow and the tiller. The nocks are very risky even on osage if you cut across the back of the bow. It will simply peel off the ring it is attached to. I am very surprised you got 150 arrows through it so far. Such a nice bow it would be a shame to risk it.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 12:43:50 am »

Lol that's what I thought. I have shot it about 150 times and it never broke. Thought it would be something kind of special and when I first string it I was praying. It works though and it made a MAJOR change in the speed it went from fast to HOLY CRAP!

never knew nock styles had an affect on a bows fps

Offline randman

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 01:28:30 am »
That is such a nice and nicely tillered bow BUT I would seriously rethink those nocks dude......specially if it's going to someone else. The point where the string is hangin on is below the line of the bottom belly ring so that means you only got about 1in of ring holding that hook on there. It could just split right off of there at any second. It's not a matter of "if" but when.

It'd be real easy to do, just cut a nock where you still have overlay at the tip. you could even leave those hooks on for looks just don't use them for nocks that's just askin for it (Osage or not).

Like Badger says, it's such a nice bow it'd be a shame to risk it.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 01:43:40 am »

never knew nock styles had an affect on a bows fps

Yeah, everything I've done, tested, compared, etc, indicates that while these tips are cool for now they will eventually break and are not mass efficient. Maybe osage, and maybe hickory, could last a little in that shape with all the force pulling the rings apart, but nothing is going to change that that is dead weight.

I'd only believe a crono. No offense.
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.