Author Topic: GIFTS RECIEVED  (Read 50340 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: GIFTS RECIEVED
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2013, 12:23:05 am »
I first made this right handed then I read Aaron was left handed so I had to make another wood body for this quiver. I like the rattler skin on this quiver better than the water snake skin on the original. It is too dark.
 Aaron, I've been using one similar for quite a few years now and love it for a hunting quiver. The para cord loop is to hang it when in a tree stand. It works great for spot and stalk hunting. Just sling it back like in your pic and the fletching is hidden but arrows are easy to retrieve.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2013, 01:18:40 am »
Great Gift Pat!! That thing looks sweet + the extras!! A1, dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2013, 03:45:30 pm »
Got my gift today, from the progress thread I know what it is! Almost got mine buttoned up. Once I send ill post pics. I guess u guys don't know huh?  >:D
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2013, 11:34:46 pm »
Well  Well  I came home from stumping  and saw a long box on the porch  hmmm?   long,,  but not real long,,hmmm? well I got a some trade points some Evil looking three blade BH's  a couple arrows with trade points on ,   and get  this,,, a big bunch of sinew  ready to go  and a bunch ready to process  I'll  bet I could do two  maybe  three  bows  with this??  thanks  a bunch   99' I've  been  meaning to do a hickory bow w\ sinew  Merry Christmas to all  JeffW

Offline VicNova

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2013, 12:56:31 am »
Well  Well  I came home from stumping  and saw a long box on the porch  hmmm?   long,,  but not real long,,hmmm? well I got a some trade points some Evil looking three blade BH's  a couple arrows with trade points on ,   and get  this,,, a big bunch of sinew  ready to go  and a bunch ready to process  I'll  bet I could do two  maybe  three  bows  with this??  thanks  a bunch   99' I've  been  meaning to do a hickory bow w\ sinew  Merry Christmas to all  JeffW

Glad you like it Merry Christmas!
Ypsilanti,  Michigan

Offline Scottski

« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2013, 11:11:21 am »
First off thank you very much Ozzy. That cherry string board  gold nails it is way better than the one I use. Mine has rusted nails.pocket quiver will come in handy.I'm always in the back yard with arrows in my back pocket. That sinew work for me to cause I can never get any.like the wood chunks also. Thank you very much.  I was skinning two deer and my wife text me a picture. You have a package and I don't think this one is an arrow. Killed my first deer Saturday BIG DOE also killed my second deer Saturday a nice buck. Only problem was it was with a shotgun.
          Thanks again.
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline Polar Bear

« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2013, 03:09:48 pm »
I got home this morning and sitting in my mail box was a package from Matt Kulchak, aka IdahoMatt.  It is a very sweet knife.  Just the right size, weight and feel.  I must say that I am surprised.  This won't only be going to the woods but on all my outings.  I know you have seen the pictures and description but here they are again

The scales are made from old growth lilac and black walnut.  The pins are made from bamboo shishkabob skewers. (I'm going to try these on my next powder horn)  The blade is made from an old saw blade.

I hope I do the pictures right.

Thanks Matt.
When we do right no one remembers, when we do wrong no one forgets.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2013, 03:35:30 pm »
sweet knife, lots of great knives in this trade.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2013, 03:50:09 pm »
I received a package from buffalo gobbler. A box call and an agate pot call!! Sweet. I don't turkey hunt but I may have to with these. Beautiful craftsmanship!

It's kinda funny how it worked out but I'm not spilling the beans yet! Shipped mine today, so maybe once he gets it
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2013, 03:53:19 pm »
I'm glad you like it man.  It was a real fun project.  It was hard for me to say goodbye to that one.  Very glad to hear it made it :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:23:51 pm by IdahoMatt »

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2013, 08:45:02 pm »
Bruce,
I'm glad you like the calls, you should try turkey hunting, there's a good amount of turkeys in your area and turkey hunting can be very addicting.
Merry Christmas!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

JacksonCash

« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2013, 09:02:30 pm »
My wife sent me pictures of a suspiciously shaped box that came to the house today. In it contained a very nice walking stick from Polar Bear! I may have to do some winter hiking to give it a try-out, and can't wait to go exploring in the stream by my house a bit more when things warm up this spring.

Thanks Mark!

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2013, 03:24:35 am »
My gift has come! It's from Ed Brooks. Ill post pictures and a detailed list of the items sent.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2013, 06:03:44 pm »
Ok, Here are the gifts I received. I got 4 bone arrowheads, 1 of which I think is either a fishing point or something. I received 6 shell casings for blunts and 6 stone points for hunting I imagine  ::) He also sent me 13 arrow shafts that he hand planed! 10 ocean spray and 3 old growth fir. TONS of feathers! and they look nice! sinew to put the arrows together. Pitch glue from his second batch. A stone knife and a large section of leather. And also a sinew string, unsure as to whether its good for a bow string or if its meant for survival or what but its definitely very well made, very even along the who string. Here are the picutres I promised. Thanks Ed!
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2014, 12:46:11 pm »
Boy muffin you made out like a bandit.  The list just kept on going.  Way to be in the giving spirit ed.  Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun with all your new goodies.