Author Topic: GIFTS RECIEVED  (Read 50364 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: GIFTS RECIEVED
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2014, 11:41:03 pm »
He has been fitting in here for many years.  He just lays back in the weeds and lets the bigmouth bass blow all the bubbles.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2014, 11:57:28 pm »
Funny how that worked out, i had nothing to do with that either, it was bubbys side of the list. And he didn't know.

Offline Accipiter

« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2014, 01:50:29 am »
Glad you like it and could put it to use Katt, your recipient did alright too looks like!

Offline 4dog

« Reply #138 on: January 09, 2014, 11:19:58 am »
thats funny Jdub considering you just answered FOR him ..lol.. >:D truer words were never spoken!  lol..jolong of course.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2014, 11:28:13 am »
Here's the pics of the great gift i recieved from Robbie Ickes yesterday.

Thanks again Robbie.
Steve Bennett

Offline autologus

« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2014, 12:13:24 pm »
Well I have received my Christmas gifts from 1442 and all I can say is WOW!! 

Terry, I am greatly humbled by your craftsmanship and generosity.  I made out like a bandit, I got an awesome Atlatl and 4 river cane darts, 4 Stumper foreshafts, 4 practice point hardwood with steel tip foreshafts, 3 forshafts with knapped stone points, 2 judo bunny buster foreshafts, and one foreshaft with a single bevel steel broadhead from a circular saw blade that looks like it could take down a Mastodon.   I also got an awesome rack to hang it all on.

But wait that's not all, I also got a knapping kit with 2 beautiful copper boppers that are amazing too look at as well as use, an awesome Ishi stick, a palm pad, 2 extra lead filled cap for the boppers 3 extra rods for the Ishi stick, an abrading stone and hardwood mandrels to make extra caps for the boppers.

I'm not done there's more.  I also received a bow drill fire starting kit with a hickory bow, a fire board, 5 yucca spindles, one spindle of unknown wood, a really sweet bearing block, a tinder bundle and some char cloth.

Not only that but there was also some back strap sinew, and a nice piece of yucca.  I hope I haven't left anything off.

I got enough toys to keep me busy for a long time, my wife saw the rack and the first words out of her mouth was your not hanging that in the house, but after she saw it with the atlatl and the darts hanging on it with all the foreshafts she was like we will see where would you hang it.  Even she thought it was pretty cool, my son approved of it as well. 

It was late when I got home last night so I did not get a chance to take any pics and it will be Saturday before I have the time but if you want to see what I got Terry posted some pics in the progress thread and I have to say pictures just so not do them justice, this has to be the best Christmas gift I have ever gotten and I sincerely and humbly Thank you.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2014, 12:55:21 pm »
Got mine in hand on Wednesday Jan 8, 2014. Probably sat in the mail a couple of days cause it went to the NDN Museum gift shop mail box instead of the NPS mail box.

Got a new walking stick from Eddie "Mullet" Parker. I am presuming a cactus bodied rain stick with an elk antler cap, twine wrapped handle, bobcat wrapped handle(at least that is what it looks like) wooden bead dangles with the buttons from two large rattlers, finished with a rubber cap on the ground end. The rain sounds great! Wish we had some here in the central sierra.  Dry enough now to do broadcast burns.

Mullet, My wife won't let me take it home cause she don't like snakes in any form. She says there is too much power associated with them.  So for now it will stay at work.

Ben

Offline 1442

« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2014, 01:26:38 pm »
I'm glad the gifts arrived safely. There's another package on its way with items that I accidently left out. Tracking shows that it is out for delivery now so it should be there today.
Hope you enjoy it all.    Terry

Offline bubby

« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2014, 02:01:55 pm »
that look's like a cool walking stick Ben
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2014, 02:08:52 pm »
Ben;

I'm glad it made it without getting broke. Knowing you were Native American I was worried about the rattles. Just clip them off, and it sure looks like I made it tall enough. Glad you like it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2014, 10:58:57 pm »
My gift came in the mail today.  It was a real nice set of arrows from Sadie.  They are tipped with field points and the shafts are cane.  It was a perfect gift.  I will post some pics either tomorrow or Sunday.  Thank you so much  :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline bubby

« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2014, 02:13:22 am »
top up
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2014, 07:25:02 pm »
Got mine today from Derik Gratz 3 arrows,target & a knife I'll get some pics. up tomorrow thanks Derik everything looks great.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2014, 09:26:32 pm »
Cool Rob, glad both packages got there on the same day and w/o breakage. Hope you can get some use outta them. Those arrows should be spined right for you. 54# spine left long w/ heavier points. dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2014, 09:53:11 pm »
I received my gifts from Yosemite Ben Saturday.......will post pictures tomorrow.  Got a neat little thumb piano, a short blade, and a point.  Very happy.  Already played some tunes on the piano. 
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II