Author Topic: new osage bow "Patch"  (Read 1878 times)

Offline echatham

new osage bow "Patch"
« on: December 07, 2013, 12:15:47 pm »
finally got her finished up.  she came out alright i guess, fastest bow ive made yet (and thats not saying alot  :laugh:).  never noticed the string angle until i was looking at the full draw pics, definitely breaking 90 degrees on the bottom limb.  she is 64" ntn, 51@29.  i like it ok, definitely gives me some things to work on for the next one.  thanks for looking.

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: new osage bow "Patch"
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 12:23:03 pm »
Glad it worked for ya......and I like the finished grip.  What is the brace height on the braced pic?  Looks high from here, but you know what pic can do.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline echatham

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 12:24:37 pm »
this is my third osage selfbow btw, sixth bow overall.

Offline echatham

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 12:25:41 pm »
brace height is right at 6" Danzn Bar

Offline Badger

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 12:38:10 pm »
  Your off to a good start, congratulations looks great.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 12:38:39 pm »
Knowing how much work you put into that one I think it finished up nicely, good looking bow.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline echatham

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 12:50:22 pm »
do ya think it starts bending soon enough out of the fades?  the next one i thing im going to make the handle much less massive,  maybe approaching a working handle.  the stave im roughing out now is showing alot of character as i get down to the target ring.... gonna be a few holes in it.... so we'll see what kind of bow it wants to be.  anyways please dish out your harshest critiques everyone, i won't get any better if i don't have things to work on.  i think the tiller looks ok, but i wonder if i have enough of the limbs working.  also i think im gonna flip more tips on future bows... not crazy about that string angle, although it doesn't really feel like its stacking to bad. 

Offline bowmo

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 01:36:42 pm »
Turned out good. Nice job with the patch too. You can tell from the pic down the belly its the really good osage.

Don Case

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 01:53:15 pm »
Your finish work looks excellent! Nice and simple. I like that. I think you should be proud of that 8)
Don

Offline WhitefeatherFout

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 02:48:30 pm »
I'm glad you were able to make it work out so good.  You sure worked for that one!  I think it turned out nice.  Good name for it too. 

Offline echatham

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 03:06:57 pm »
yeah Matt that one had me grindin my teeth.  wait till ya see the next one, remember that stave with all the live powder post beetles?  that stave has all kinds of surprises in it now that im deeper into the stave.. into the nicer rings.  i think there will be about 5 or 6 through and through holes in the finished bow.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 05:49:13 pm »
  Way to stick it out...You turned that stick into a really nice bow and I like the character. Couldn't help notice the three under...I do the same but anchor with middle finger putting shaft closer to my eye but I gap shoot now. Nice job echatham...
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 07:32:15 pm »
Way to save that one.  Great job.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 07:47:34 pm »
I like it.  Your finish work looks nice.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.