Author Topic: First Osage static.  (Read 15947 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: First Osage static.
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2013, 11:42:53 pm »
Nice bow, Scott. I love static recurves. You did a nice job on bending the curves too. Its hard to see the full draw profile because the background is so busy but it looks like your lower limb bends early and straightens out towards the tip.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2013, 02:58:25 am »
I was asked to try my hand at building a static and accepted the challenge on the condition that expectations were low. The more I watch the true craftsman on here the lower I rate my own skills. Still I was up for the challenge and set off to learn something new.

"Understatement" comes to mind right away!
That thing is a beauty! - I don't like shelfs on selfbows, but for this handle section I make an exception.  8) 8) 8)
Frank from Germany...

Offline Markus

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2013, 05:34:57 am »
Great, looks perfect, I can't see any flat spot. :) Markus

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2013, 08:52:23 am »
Beautiful bow,very nice work,someone is very lucky and I am sure very happy. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2013, 09:03:59 am »
  Thats a beauty, you underestimate yourself.

Stringman

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2013, 09:43:45 am »
Thanks again guys! I've for shore had good teachers! Only thing I was doing before I fell in with this group was using a hatchet. Seems like everything else I picked up here from someone or nother.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2013, 09:54:02 am »
Very nice Sir in every aspect.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2013, 10:20:45 am »
Never done a static myself but after seeing your great job I will have to give it a try.

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2013, 10:46:30 am »
     very very nice, well done

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2013, 11:26:11 am »
That turned out very nice Scott.  Very nice!  Looks like a screamer.   8) 8)
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2013, 11:00:50 pm »
Wow Scott!! Just wow amigo ;)  Folks that bow is headed my way!! On here over time Scott and I have developed a great friendship. A kinship based on the love of primitive skills, family, kids and life in general.. I'm not a talker  :o but we text often and it's a great friendship. When Pearl Drums posted a static for trade a while back I asked Scott if he had ever made a static recurve.. He said no..

I sat on the idea for sometime then brought it up again. Scott said I haven't made one, but I can sure try. We worked out a deal. At first we thought spotted king snake skins, but then I thawed these skins and Scott and I knew it should be blotched. I sent him the sets and told him to pick his set out of the two and to put the other on the static..

Wouldn't you know he put the prettier one on my bow. That's just the type of guy he is. Then one day he asked if I wanted exotic wood or buffalo horn.. No question.. Horn.. He was happy to hear it. Then came naming her. I asked if he had a name. No.. Do I.. I thought on it.. I said Navidad.. Christmas in spanish. He said he wanted something in Spanish, but also something that conveyed our friendship.

I thought on it.. Amistad means friend in Spanish. Arco de Amistad. Literal translation is Bow of friends or as it translates-- friendship bow.

The challenge to build a static recurve, the master bow, every detail of it and the wiliness to  put his best talents both God given and made by nature makes this a truly special gift and and even more special of a bow deserving of her name.

I've always wanted a static Osage bow and this Christmas that's what I'm getting!! Wow.. Life is good!! Can't hardly wait until she gets here.

Scott, my only question is do I wait until Christmas to open the package?

Cipriano
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:44:05 pm by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Stringman

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2013, 11:15:01 pm »
Man you know I cant make you wait.  ;)

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2013, 11:21:38 pm »
Sounds like a fantastic friendship, congrats..............
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2013, 01:20:02 am »
This post made me happy. Heck of a bow.

Gabe
Humboldt County CA.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2013, 01:39:03 am »
Good deal Scott. I'm tearing into that package when it arrives.  ;)man if it comes tomorrow it will be a white Christmas..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.