Author Topic: Kansas City Renaissance Festival Archery?  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

Kansas City Renaissance Festival Archery?
« on: November 09, 2013, 01:25:33 pm »
In my ancient and medieval history class we just got to the 12 century so my professor brought in his replica suit of armor from that period. He talked about how he wears it during the Kansas City Renaissance Festival. Which got me to thinking about war bows and wondering if that festival has a clout shoot and what the archery there amounts too. I think it would be fun to make a war bow and get dressed up and join in on the fun. I looked on their website and didn't see anything about it just that they have archery as a game. So does anyone on here have any experience with this festival? If they don't have that sort of archery shoot then is there any other festivals in  the state that have a clout shoot or anything of the sort. I figure this would be a good place to meet up with other and learn a little about bow making from them especially on making war bows.

Thanks,
Kyle.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Kansas City Renaissance Festival Archery?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 01:50:13 pm »
Dont know bout the Renfair but Mojam has a clout shoot every year and theres always a feller or two there with true warbows.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Kansas City Renaissance Festival Archery?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 08:33:47 pm »
Uhhh, there is a Warbow  section above this one. And an interesting discussion on a thread posted on, shooting armor and play acting. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?