Author Topic: another reason to hate cats  (Read 5815 times)

Offline thomas h

another reason to hate cats
« on: November 04, 2013, 01:19:19 pm »

sure there are no big cats in southern missouri!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: another reason to hate cats
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 01:29:07 pm »
That's as shopped as they come.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 01:47:32 pm »
lol thats pretty bad

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 01:55:47 pm »
I will say there is nothing worse than being out hunting, and have a funny feeling and look around and see one up above ya on a rock, WATCHING, bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Patches

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 02:30:33 pm »
Thomas H, there are over 40 documented sighting of cats in Missouri in the last 5 years.  There is not a breeding population here, just transient young males.
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline bubby

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 02:35:10 pm »
they are protected here, and they are running wild, no pun intended, they have decimated some of the deer heards here

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 02:53:44 pm »
That picture sure has made the rounds over the years. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 03:05:45 pm »
We had mountain lions eating mule deer in Michigan a few years ago! We do have cats here, but very, very, very few compared to the millions of acres. Looks like a Texas deer on Texas ground with a Texas feeder.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 06:51:44 pm »
Thomas H, there are over 40 documented sighting of cats in Missouri in the last 5 years.  There is not a breeding population here, just transient young males.
patches... Thats not entirely true anymore. There has been females documented here now..
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 07:02:45 pm »
I don't hate those cats, I hate the feral house cats.  Just another invasive Florida doesn't need!  We're, however, running low on big cats. 
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 07:23:16 pm »
Is it a fake pic?

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline bubby

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 07:27:56 pm »
I don't hate those cats, I hate the feral house cats.  Just another invasive Florida doesn't need!  We're, however, running low on big cats.

tim you can come and take all ya want from Cali

Offline Patches

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 07:31:02 pm »
I do not know if the picture is fake, but I agree with PD.  Its a Texas deer at a Texas feeder.

Koan, do you know when the female were documented?  I was at a meeting with the MO state furbearer biologist in September, and he said all that had been killed or had dna collected from them were male.         
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 08:48:52 pm »
I do not know if the picture is fake, but I agree with PD.  Its a Texas deer at a Texas feeder.

Koan, do you know when the female were documented?  I was at a meeting with the MO state furbearer biologist in September, and he said all that had been killed or had dna collected from them were male.       
i'd say your info is more accurate...theres a ton of mis-information out there...ofcourse...its only been a couple of yrs ago that MDC said we didnt have any, lol. I have a hard time believing that theres only males.... Nature just dont work that way...
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline RyanR

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 09:00:48 pm »
We had mountain lions eating mule deer in Michigan a few years ago! We do have cats here, but very, very, very few compared to the millions of acres. Looks like a Texas deer on Texas ground with a Texas feeder.
I have also seen the photo of a mountain lion eating a mule deer in Michigan.  I think a lot of these photos are spread around for several years. Just new stories given to them.  Agree that is definitely Texas.