Author Topic: Deer carts, which one?  (Read 7023 times)

Offline jeffhalfrack

Re: Deer carts, which one?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 05:43:46 pm »
NAHH!!!!  I think some one should take a "Little Giant" folding ladder and convert it to a ladder stand \ deer cart cover all bases at once!!!  we had a little giant at work (some one stole it,)  and every time I used it I said I have to figure this out .  BTW  I'm older than PD,,,,I wish I had that problem (no deer yet)  Jeffw

Offline Marks

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 06:07:26 pm »
My 2 uncles conned one of there big dumb nephews ::) into dragging theirs out for them.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 06:11:24 pm »
What ever you do don't use pneumatic tires on your cart, solid tires only. One trip through a briar patch with pneumatic tires and you have two flats to contend with.

I have a Cabala's Mag Hauler, works just fine but weighs 45 lbs which makes pulling it up hill with a deer on it all but impossible.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 07:02:57 pm »
 :o   I can't resist........... I've got to get this one in before Qsage  Outlaw (Clint) does. 

Hey Pearl.........what happened to those "Guns" you yost to have???    :) :) ;)

DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 08:10:16 pm »
I can see Pearly walking out of the woods with a mature buck draped over each gunship  ;D 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline RyanR

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 10:32:57 pm »
I can see Pearly walking out of the woods with a mature buck draped over each gunship  ;D
I saw a video by the Wensels where Mike Mitten has two mature buck over his shoulders while walking. I am sure he had some help getting them up there but it was still impressive.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 06:33:15 am »
I use a Kobota brand. ;) :) :) :) All kidding aside I have the one Dave is talking about,he made it for me,only used it once and it worked great,like I said I use the Kobota. :) :) BigA has one from Cabella's,not sure the brand but I will check,we used it at LBL and it was a life saver. :) Last night,what did you kill ? Pictures please. Holding out on us. ??? :) :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:36:57 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 09:16:13 am »
I bought one from sportsmans guide about 6 years ago. Still havn't had a deer on it yet. Every time i kill one i either don't have it with me or else i decide its faster to just drag it out insyead of walking to the truck, dragging the cart back in, and then hauling cart and deer back out.
Steve Bennett

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 09:35:01 am »
I use a Kobota brand. ;) :) :) :) All kidding aside I have the one Dave is talking about,he made it for me,only used it once and it worked great,like I said I use the Kobota. :) :) BigA has one from Cabella's,not sure the brand but I will check,we used it at LBL and it was a life saver. :) Last night,what did you kill ? Pictures please. Holding out on us. ??? :) :)
  Pappy

Pappy it was death by Black Widow, didn't finger anybody would care much about that! I did though!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 10:57:24 am »
Don't matter to me,killed many with a Widow ,still have 3 of them.What was it,details please. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 11:03:32 am »
He was a fat 140# northern forker at 5 yards Tuesday night. Hit the near side lung high, went through the top of his heart and center punched the off lung. He ran about 35-40 yards and fell over. Pretty quick and pretty bloody. Just the way I like it. I have short draw selfbowitis something fierce, my close friends know it well and we tried to fix it. I put a chump shot on another buck Sunday night and said enough is enough. I cant let my stubborn primitive pride rule over wounding animals, no frickin way. So I grabbed my Widow and went out to do it right, and did. It felt good to get a full draw, slight hold and release. That arrow was a heat seeker, I needed to see that.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2013, 12:16:31 pm »
I hear ya,had that problem myself,pretty much have worked through it for now. :-\ Congrats. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2013, 04:57:48 pm »
I hear ya Pearly, I'm let's just say over 60 and i dragged a big ole 120# doe about 3/4 mile on monday evening. if I would have thrown the wheelbarrow in would have been a pc of cake. Almost all the way on a field edge. After i got her to the truck had a hard time getting her in. I usually back into a ditch but wasn't any handy so I had quite an evening. Took the sap out of me ;D ;D   Oh she had a 1/2" hole thru her lungs and some black powder burns. :o :o Later Bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2013, 05:31:18 pm »
Congratulations, Pearly. I've got a Bear Kodiak, 1959-2013 waiting for me in the box when I get home.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2013, 05:33:44 pm »
Thanks Eddie! I knew you'd understand, your an equal opportunity killer!