Author Topic: DISASTER!  (Read 7977 times)

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: DISASTER!
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 08:18:52 am »
Man, oh man!  An osage shoot would make a good "rod of correction" I bet.  Sorry for your lost stash!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 08:22:36 am »
That sucks! If you need any seasoned wood please let me know and I will send one on me.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2013, 09:27:06 am »
Sorry to hear about this, Josh! I am speechless!! ???
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2013, 09:49:04 am »
Id beat them turds from Kansas to California and back again. We had our fun as boys, but destroying property was never a thought, we just destroyed ourselves and our trucks. Ill send you a few Joshy boy.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2013, 10:03:16 am »
Im surprised i didnt hear your yelling from Ohio. Let me know if ya need any wood.
Steve Bennett

Offline Marks

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2013, 11:41:27 am »
I understand boys make mistakes when trying to impress ladies but how do you mistake a pile of long staves for firewood especially after your daughter warned them. Not the kind of boys you want hanging around. Common sense is becoming a rare quality. If it wasn't so valuable I'd love to make em replace every stave using hand tools only and when they get done pile it all up and burn it to let em see how it feels. Then make em do it again to replace your stash.

Offline skarhand

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2013, 12:20:14 pm »
Man, I can't imagine how infuriating that must have been. Hopefully you get some nice new staves and maybe the boys will learn something from it. Is surly stinks that at came at your expense, but if even only one or two learn a life lesson and straighten their lives up some, it won't be a total loss.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2013, 12:26:42 pm »
wow, thats horrible man. i got a knot in my stomache just reading that. your a  better man than me, i wouldve thrown them into the pit for sure. if i had wood to give you, id send it in a heart beat.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2013, 01:31:52 pm »
Thank you all very much for the condolences and offers of wood.  This community...no make that family really is unparalleled by any group anywhere.  I'm overwhelmed by the generous offers.  Not surprised mind you, but overwhelmed nonetheless.  I'm not completely wiped out by any means.  I have enough white woods to last me a lifetime and the Osage bows that are roughed out will take a couple years to finish.  By that time, the replacement Osage should be ready to work.  Plus I have a nice little yew stash that will be ready next year.  I plan on teaching these boys a hard lesson on old school hand craftsmanship so that they will have a considerable appreciation for what kinda work it takes to put up those staves they burn up like it was nothing.  Once again, thank you very much!  Its good to know that ya'll have my back if I really got in a pinch.  Of course, I feel the same way.  Thanks,  Josh

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2013, 01:39:22 pm »
thats a great idea, get those boys and make then cut, split and seal a butt load of wood.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2013, 01:53:16 pm »
Ugh!  I would have been furious, but imagine I'd go about it same as you.  I'll bet some good will come out of it in the long haul, though.  Teach 'em good, and some way it'll be made right. 

What a story, though!  I've got a couple pieces of Seagrape about dry.  Be happy to help you out.  Hope it all works out.  DANG!!!
1’—>1’

Offline stickbender

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2013, 01:57:23 pm »
That stinks,glad I had a son,I don't think I could stand all them Young guys hanging around,I had a lot of them hanging out with Beau  at the Cabin when he was a teenanger but they all knew the rules and for some reason seemed to be scared of me and what I would do if the messed up. :o ??? ;) :) Must have been something I said. ??? :)
   Pappy
     Probably, the human skull you had nailed to the tree out front  ::) ;D.........or the hand with the high school class ring on it, and thigh bones in the big pot....... :P ;D ;D

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2013, 02:03:16 pm »
While you have those boys working on replacing your osage stash I think you should find a nice big elm log and have them split that into staves   >:D

If you need some seasoned stuff let me know and I'll bring you some to the Classic.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

JacksonCash

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2013, 05:45:13 pm »
While you have those boys working on replacing your osage stash I think you should find a nice big elm log and have them split that into staves   >:D

If you need some seasoned stuff let me know and I'll bring you some to the Classic.

I could do with some elm staves if you don't want em!

Also, props to your daughter for coming to get you, but too bad it was needed. I'd send some your way if I had any, but that stuff doesn't grow up here.

Offline Poggins

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2013, 06:39:56 pm »
When they split a tree that is questionable tell them it's not good enough and have them split another , they will learn what kind of mistake they made ( tell them all the staves they burned were primo staves , the best you can find and you want that kind of wood back in your stock ).