Author Topic: Cleaned out  (Read 9441 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Cleaned out
« on: October 17, 2013, 01:27:14 am »
Somehow my main debit card account information got hacked and I got cleaned out.  I live pretty close to the bone and one big account pays 75% of my yearly income in one check.  Fortunately, I had paid off a lot of my bills and they didn't get it all.  My bank is on it and tells me I have a good chance of recovering most of it thru disputing the charges. 

I had been telling myself to put most of the balance in savings and dole out an allowance to the debit card.  Guess I should have listened to myself, huh?

In the meanwhile, I hope he falls facefirst and buck nekkid into some gnarly knappers debitage pit at highway speed.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: Cleaned out
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 01:49:51 am »
Dang that sucks.  Sorry to hear that and good luck on getting the money back.  I think the knapper's pit should be on fire as well  >:D
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline skarhand

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 01:55:12 am »
Oh no..I am so sorry to hear that. Good luck with getting it back.

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 01:58:16 am »
Man JW feel for ya! That's awful Know just how Ya feel been down that road myself. Bank was real good about working with me.
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 01:59:52 am »
I have had nothing but good service from this bank.  From my experience today, I am not changing my mind or my bank.

Ain't it nice to get good service?

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 02:05:50 am »
There are some real lowlifes out there!  Sorry to hear you got taken.  Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 02:10:41 am »
 >:(
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 06:24:31 am »
 I'm worrying about that daily over here in Spain. I'm living off of my Debit card and Visa card. I'm sweating bullets everytime the waiter walks off with my Visa when he can't get it to go through.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 08:13:46 am »
Man that sucks! Sorry Bro.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 08:17:17 am »
Sorry about that,I try not to hate but I hate a thief. >:D Hope they catch up to him/her. >:D >:D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 08:59:21 am »
Sorry to hear that jw....that really sucks...

Identity theft is so easy a child with simpe computer skills can do it....I saw a documentary on a guy who made a living this way...his voice was distorted and face covered to keep him anonymous....all he needed was your numbers off the card...didn't need the security pin number either...he was able to take your numbers and put your account onto a different card...and once that was done he would go into a store and make a high dollar purchase...then would immediately put that purchase up for sale on eBay or Craig list for lower than what it actually cost so people will quickly bite on it and think there getting a steal of a deal(which they are literally)...and once he gets his money from that the card gets disposed and he hops on a plane back to his home town....he will do this all out of town so any local authorities have a hard time pinning him down cus he's not local wherever that transaction took place....it was sickening to see...

KEEP YOUR NUMBERS SAFE FOLKS!!!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 11:48:18 am »
Sorry to hear that jw....that really sucks...

Identity theft is so easy a child with simpe computer skills can do it....I saw a documentary on a guy who made a living this way...his voice was distorted and face covered to keep him anonymous....all he needed was your numbers off the card...didn't need the security pin number either...he was able to take your numbers and put your account onto a different card...and once that was done he would go into a store and make a high dollar purchase...then would immediately put that purchase up for sale on eBay or Craig list for lower than what it actually cost so people will quickly bite on it and think there getting a steal of a deal(which they are literally)...and once he gets his money from that the card gets disposed and he hops on a plane back to his home town....he will do this all out of town so any local authorities have a hard time pinning him down cus he's not local wherever that transaction took place....it was sickening to see...

KEEP YOUR NUMBERS SAFE FOLKS!!!!
Wow, didn't need to read this. :-\
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline autologus

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 12:13:51 pm »
I think some fire ants need to be under that debtage pile as well and maybe some Africanized honey bees.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 12:21:00 pm »
That sucks JW.. Hate a theif.. Happened to a freind of mine a while back.. They had a second scanner did the double swipe.. Bank and cops did actually catch these clowns.. Hope everything works out for you...
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 12:34:47 pm »
They ran the purchases thru My Monedero, which is the Portugese version of PayPal.  Just adds yet another layer of complexity for tracking an already fairly anonymous transaction.