Author Topic: BOM Anyone? yikes!!!!  (Read 28140 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: BOM Anyone? yikes!!!!
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2013, 04:23:11 pm »
A 1-year mailed subscription costs $2.08 a month. Who cant swing that? Be honest now. This has nothing to do with Adam and Jordo's e-edition conversation. Just some numbers to think about for the folks who cant afford it.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 04:43:14 pm by PEARL DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline half eye

« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2013, 04:55:47 pm »
Read this whole thing and there's probably a million snappy come-backs, but with the current tone is seems the only answer is to throw out all the low-life non-subscribers LIKE ME, and solve all your problems. The only down side is after you do, you will have to start eating your own.

For what it's worth, I was a subscriber

Rich Rousseau
Half Eye 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 05:20:41 am by Pappy »

blackhawk

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2013, 05:21:23 pm »
There's several folks around here that a lot of folks look up too(I'm not one of em)...it might help and encourage more folks to enter if the looked up to elders of this site made a comment to someone when they posted a bow like "cool bow...I hope to see it entered in bom"...or something along the lines or similar....I don't know...but maybe it would get a few more folks to enter...it really isn't about winning....as much cool as it to win,its not about that ...but maybe if someone with some prominence  on this site personally asked someone who posted a bow to enter it might encourage them to not only enter,but would also make them feel good that someone like there status asked them to enter it,and that its a worthy bow to enter......I don't know....just thinking out loud some ways to help it out...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2013, 05:29:35 pm »
Well,, they you go again,,,start encouraging you probablly spit out more bows then anybody on here, even if they are hard to give away. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2013, 05:33:11 pm »
I see what you mean Chris. It seems Pat used to prod a little like that?

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2013, 05:40:37 pm »
if Blackhawk is running out of room he can allways send one out west >:D

rich for what it's worth I have great respect for you personally, and all your work, period, I for one don't believe everything I read  on the interweb
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2013, 06:11:35 pm »
Excellent discussion.  Makes me want to enter.  Not really sure why I never have.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2013, 06:53:50 pm »
if Blackhawk is running out of room he can allways send one out west >:D

rich for what it's worth I have great respect for you personally, and all your work, period, I for one don't believe everything I read  on the interweb

yes, send some of those babies out west to me.

Offline adb

« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2013, 07:24:09 pm »
$2.08 per month if you live in the USA... which is a good deal. However, getting the mag to Canada costs nearly the same as buying it off the stand if I don't recall, without the delays and missed editions. I can see clearly the emag is the way to go, but I'm old school, and I do like having the pages to flip through and the glossies to look at.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2013, 08:52:33 pm »
okay let's cut the crapI renewed my subscription so I could participate in the BOM...I have also like some of you fishd a lot of bass tournaments and as you know there's an entry fee there are rules and you don't win every time but you fish the next one you don't quit and pout because you didn't come in with a 20 pound bag...the same logic applies here if you build a bowl you put it up added to the BOM contest I have made plain bows And artsy bows and got my butt kicked on most of them mostly because I'm not that good but I still enter correct me if I'm wrong and there's evidence to prove otherwise but I do believe that every bow I have ever made I have entered into the bow of the Month contest...some of which I was pretty proud of but did not receive a single vote but I keep putting them in so lead by example even if you feel it is subpar add it anyway you never will know if you don't play!does it seem to be a popularity contest some months yes does it seem to be in art show some months yes does it suck to not win yes sometimesit don't get started on time sometimes you can afford a subscription sometimes you don't finish a bowl in time
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2013, 08:59:10 pm »
sorry I could not correct spelling or continue my rant As my phone ran out of space but my point is enough with the excuses stop pissing and moaning actions speak louder than words so suck it up buttercups and do something about it enter your bows and let the cards fall where they may win lose or draw then I believe there will probably be more entries and we won't have to have posts like this

Thank you and have a nice day ;)

Offline Josh B

« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2013, 09:30:00 pm »
Well alrighty then!  Go ahead and tell us how you really feel Soy!  Don't be for beating around the bush so much!  Lol!  I have to agree for the most part.  But I am guilty of not entering from time to time.  I will consider myself properly chastised and try to correct my poor behavior! Lol!  Josh

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2013, 09:33:00 pm »
Well I did hold back a little... I enjoy the contest and if one chooses to not enter that is up to them and that is fine but would you not agree that you no longer have a dog in that fight when it comes to complaining about entries?

Offline Josh B

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2013, 09:35:33 pm »
Yep...I can't complain if I'm not entering.  Sure enough!  Josh

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2013, 09:40:51 pm »
I mean no offense to anybody I have nothing but respect it seems that some people here defending themselves when they have just cause not to enter it is not everyone's cup of tea I understand But if you talk the talk walk the walk ;D