Author Topic: i got the best job in the world today!  (Read 3887 times)

Offline Hrothgar

Re: i got the best job in the world today!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 10:23:47 pm »
Congratulations, common interests and a job!
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Offline echatham

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 10:54:39 pm »
nice to see a young guy wanting to work.  listen man, i think you have a pretty good understanding of what your doing, but there is a lack of patience getting in your way.  im guilty of it too, i get in a rush for no reason and i end up having something in every bow that bothers me.  i know you're young, and i try to remember being your age (and believe me, you are being way way more constructive at your age than i was), but dude i would really love to see you take a piece of GOOD wood, not a board, or an iffy tree branch you found, but a nice stave (save your lunch money or something) and TAKE YOUR TIME on it... not an hour, not a day.... a MONTH!  and get some sandpaper or a cabinet scraper.  I challenge you to make a finished bow. one that someone can hold up in the sunlight and turn it over and over and say "wow! You made that?!" .   i haven't seen all your bows, or all your threads, but ive seen many, and i think maybe it wouldn't kill you to ask advice or opinions at different stages of a build, and take the advice.   hope you accept my challenge, and good luck to ya.

Offline bubby

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 12:25:29 am »
now that you have a job you can learn one of the most important things you will need, a good work ethic, work hard, fast, keep quiet unless you have a ? , and work safe  ;)
X2. Also don't be late. Show 10 minutes early ever time and you will get treated better right off the bat. Good luck kid
[/quo

Yep, early is good
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 12:36:08 am »
Good luck on the new job, Squirrely! Remember, .....The less you think you know, the more you will learn.   That's what it's all about , Fella! The smartest people are the ones that never stop learning. When do you start?  Btw. ... The pain will diminish as you get used to the work , so don't give up just because you come home sore for the first few weeks ;)