Author Topic: Dealing with the loss of a dog  (Read 4493 times)

Offline YosemiteBen

Re: Dealing with the loss of a dog
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 12:11:03 am »
Sleek - loss is hard no matter what - it has  been nearly 30 years since I lost my dog. Have had many others but none ever matched up. Take your time.... Remember with joy!

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 11:19:55 am »
JW.... you ass... I'm at work right now and cant look all feminen in front the guys. After reading that, havin a hard time holden 'em back right now... Thank you buddy....Really.

Sleek, your tears are manly.  Nothing is more masculine than the bond between a man and his dog.  You were his Alpha, and he respected you more than any person in the world.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline RyanR

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 07:21:42 pm »
Sorry to hear about your dog. All I can say is time will heal. I had to put one down 3-1/2 years ago and that was one of the hardest thing I have had to do. I cried every day for a month. I actually am tearing up right now thinking about it.  I have a real nice bird dog right now and I always say I will never get another one but can't imagine not having one.  Just take your time on the next one. You will know when the time is right to get another. Just remember the whole goal of the dog is to please his master. When he cannot do that any more he is not happy. It sounds like yours didn't suffer. Good luck my friend.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 09:39:01 pm »
Hey Sleek?  Lena asked me to tell you that she will make room on the couch for you if you want.  She's good that way.

It was about two years to the day after letting Scully go that I started fostering Lena.  We've just been living together this summer, but the idea of her moving in with someone else is starting to eat me up with jealousy, so I'm considering asking her to make it official. (I slipped her an antelope thigh bone today just to impress her.  Thanks Knapper!)
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline sleek

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 10:16:49 pm »
Wow jw... she is beautiful. Can deffinatly tell she is well taken care of. What breed is she? Black lab and???
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 10:23:43 pm »
I think there is some cattle dog along with some type of greyhound/sight hound.  Got a waist the size of a summer sausage and chest that is as deep as a well!  Built for speed and plenty of it!

Classic dog from the Pine Ridge Reservation, skinny and fast.  Not worth chasing and not worth eating even if you can catch 'er.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.