Author Topic: Osage orangutan bow (made meat)  (Read 15632 times)

Offline Josh B

Re: Osage orangutan bow
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2013, 10:17:35 am »
Thanks Ed!  He used to hunt with 70# , but the yrs are starting to pile up on him. 
Thanks Pappy!
Thanks Tim,Carson and Bushboy!
Eric- I didn't knock this one out by any means.  I bought this stave from Kerry at whitetail Osage 2 or 3 yrs ago and just fiddled with it here and there.  However, one of the few advantages of staying out on the road is that my weekends are completely uninterrupted. But given the choice  I would prefer getting interrupted with honey do's more often.  Meaning I'd rather be home.  But thank you for the kind words.
Adb, Gopher- thanks fellas!  I wasn't planning on putting those tips on this bow. Actually, I wasn't planning on carving those for a bow again.  That was intended to be a one-off detail for Weylin's bow last yr.  He saw it in the mag and had to have em.  I refused for six months but he found my week spot.  A brand new .54 Rice barrel for my flintlock.  So I caved or carved as it were. Lol!
Pearlie- thanks!  That draw length is just ridiculous!  But he's been shooting that way for yrs.  The ol boy that was making his custom effing glass bows retired quite a while ago.  So now I get to deal with it.  At least I'm starting to get a feel for the longer draw now.
Thanks again everyone!  Josh

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2013, 11:40:33 am »
Wow Josh I don't know how I didn't see this one earlier.  Great job on such a tricky stave.  The tips are sure cool.  Not much to say that hasn't been already.  Love it :)

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2013, 12:26:30 pm »
Nice work! If you ever feel like you want to practice your long draw some more you can send one this way ;).

Offline seabass

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2013, 04:29:57 pm »
very nice Josh.i'll pull her to 26 for ya.lol
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2013, 03:41:09 pm »
Fantastic! Perfect lines. Love the nocks.
Top notch! Good on you!
Looks like your shooting a yumi ;D :P
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline Josh B

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2013, 06:08:48 pm »
Thanks fellas!  I think I'll make some stirrups to tie to the bow and use my legs to exercise the next one!  Lol!  Josh

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 12:44:26 am »
Wow!!! Just wow!!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2013, 12:34:31 pm »
Thanks amigo!  Josh

Offline Josh B

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2013, 10:37:45 pm »
As most of you can imagine, I've been a little down in the mouth after last weekend.  I was in desperate need of a lift in spirits.  Well, this done it!  I'm happy to report my ol buddy Badger (different Badger) took this nice muley earlier this evening with the Orangutan bow and a flint tipped river cane arrow I made to go with it.  I love it when this happens!  Josh

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Osage orangutan bow (made meat)
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2013, 10:50:31 pm »
A Rice bbl was involved???  Be sure to post those pics, too!

Badger done made good with that bow, Doc!  Very fine work there.  congratulations to your buddy from me!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2013, 10:52:37 pm »
Congrats to both of you!! Nice buck!!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline steve b.

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2013, 10:52:46 pm »
Wow, that's awesome.

Offline DGF

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2013, 12:53:38 am »
Wyoming, MI

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2013, 12:55:09 am »
Wow, that's awesome.

That's just what I thought!  Awesome!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline TimPotter

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2013, 04:46:10 am »
The fact that not only was that bow of yours involved but also a flint tips arrow would is sweet indeed. That lifts my spirits seeing this as well. :)
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."  Ernest Hemingway