Author Topic: seminole replica (working) cypress bow  (Read 7927 times)

Offline rockrush69

• i want to live in a tipi and hunt for my food
    • facebook.com/flingahbows
seminole replica (working) cypress bow
« on: September 30, 2013, 04:08:25 pm »
This is my finished sinew backed bald cypress bow 41#@ 28"  68" knock to knock. .... . I looked up all the art work on the back from semtribe.com . The black and white designs mean " tree" the blue and red one means " arrow" and the blue and green one means ..... i forget ether wind or wave ... and the green dots on the tips are ment to symbolize the florida alligators tail . I did make the tips smaller than the original seminole versions ... because after researchin i found that the older style diamond shaped tips were very slugish . This bow actually shoots very fast ( sinew s only been on the bow for two weeks so i have only shoot it a few times .. )  after pai ting the back . I polyurithaned it and it will now be put up for sale and remain unstrung till it gets a buyer . This bow will be priced and all that on my facebook page . To be announced .

Enjoy . (I hope )
JESSE "HALF CHEROKEE" RUSH
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline rockrush69

Re: seminole replica (working) cypress bow
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 04:12:26 pm »
Oh ... and sinew was glued on with knox glue . Hide glue . Food grade .
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 04:12:56 pm »
just a piece of advice.. dont announce it on here, it wont be up long.

Offline wood_bandit99

• Shoot straight my friends!!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 05:26:19 pm »
Ah whatever. If it is on here for a little, it is enough for people to get jealous!! >:D all the more fun! I have never worked with sinew but I'm curious, would waterproofing it with wet sinew make it dry slower? It makes sense in my head. Either way it is cool!
Yew and osage, BEST. WOODS. EVER! Shoot straight my friends!!!

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 05:40:42 pm »
Wow.  You cant post your facebook page in the classified section ???????? Thats weird man . Why ????? There are all kinds of other bow companies on there .

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 05:43:59 pm »
The sinew isent wet . Its dry and shootable ... but the sinew is supossed to cure or season for a month up to six months before you really shoot it alot.  After a few months the sinew hardens more so and even adds a few pounds ofweight . It dries in a week or so though . But does not cure for a month or two . To be safe they say six months.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 06:39:40 pm »
those companies pay alot to advertise on this site, its another way the site make money to stay up.

blackhawk

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 06:53:02 pm »
Soooo....your trying to sell a bow on here that still has "wet" sinew that's only been shot a few times,and is not proven yet?  ??? That tiller can easily change as the sinew cures,AND due to the real stresses of shooting.....that's why its very important to shoot the bow many times to "prove" its a bow...some say 50 arrows,some say 100,and some say even more than that needs shot to prove its a bow....and if your trying to sell them you need to be more wise than just a few arrows out of a piece of wet sinewed cypress....and to sell here you need to be a paid advertiser...if it wasn't set up like it is it would be a filthy free for all taking away everything cool about this site ;) ...not being a jerk..just trying to share some words of wisdom gained by my experiences doing this for awhile ;)

Offline Josh B

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 12:52:09 pm »
I have to agree with Blackhawk, you are trying to rush this along a bit too much. (No play on your name intended)  Obviously, you are looking at this as a potential income generator.  If that be the case, you would be well advised to make sure that you're not selling stuff to people that won't be up to snuff.  Replacing bows a couple months after you sell them because you cut corners is not a profitable venture.  I'm not saying, I'm just saying.  That being said, the bow looks cool.  Josh

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 02:56:44 pm »
ha ha ha I love the way everyone always jumps on any chance to correct or down someone on here .... its very childish ,,.,, first of all for the word twisters ,,, I don't sell my bows " wet and un tested " secondly I never announced my page or tried to sell anything on this site ... and lastly the bow is already sold ... this is by no means my first bow I have sold to this guy and to be quite honest all I have gotten out of this site is a lot of flack from know it alls ,and half of what ive been told ended up not working for me ,,, there has been about 4 guys who so far have known truly what they were talking about ,,,,, plus I have made several deals for trade on here and have received NOTHING !!!!!  I am halk CHEROKEE  my grandfather taught me how to make bows ,,, NONE OF HIS BOWS EVER BROKE ... I understand some of you guys are pros and I respect you for it ,,, but it really seems like there are people who wait for the opportunity to twist something around and " scold" someone ..... im on my like 70th bow ,,, 40 or so are sinew backed  I don't even have a job dude ,,, I make bows and arrows all day every day,,, I am not ignorant , and comments like " wait , so your selling a bow with wet sinew on it " to me is insulting !!!!!! to say the least ,,,,NO im not selling a bow with WET  sinew on it ,,, and  ALL my bows get test shot 100s of times before being sold ,,,I make bows as a way of life from the teachings of a native American ,, I came on this site to get help with an ENGLISH LONGBOW  ( which I did receive help from del ) but honestly it seems like a lot of you are just bubble poppers , and over perfectionists,,, so I will stay a member but im layin low for a while ..... im kinda over people dissing other peoples hard workon here ( and I don't mean everyone and honestly I don't really even mean any of you that commented on this post )and as far as those of you who said you would send me stuff and dident , , , address collectors or what ?,,, im over it ,,, peace

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 03:11:09 pm »
 :o  :o
I like osage

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 03:16:12 pm »
Jesse, we are a family here on PA. Busting chops and offering constructive critsism is what we do to grow as bowyers. It's nothing against you personally.

I've had a couple trades go sour as well. If you sent something off and never recieved and it looks like the person just up and split. Contact Eddie (mullet) and he'll make sure justice is served :)

P.s. I've been waiting for that full draw shot ;D

-Pinecone
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 03:19:38 pm »
sinew s only been on the bow for two weeks so i have only shoot it a few times .. )  after pai ting the back . I polyurithaned it and it will now be put up for sale and remain unstrung till it gets a buyer
  ALL my bows get test shot 100s of times before being sold ,,,
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline bushboy

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 04:23:16 pm »
AHHhhh,the magic of internet.I really enjoyed your flingah bows on utube!are you a rock star or a bowyer?least your mom likes your bows!lol!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 12:48:51 am »
Im not a rockstar anymore.  Lol . I got a record deal Nd toured with korn five finger death punch saliva shine down and many others.  And was in a band called allele . With members from cold ... and otep . . . But i was never a rich rockstar . Just a guitar player who was in the right place at the right time . But that life is for single people without kids . Which i am nether ... as far as a bowyer . Im not saying i am a pro . Or the best or anything like that ... just saying obviously i would never sell a bow with un cured sinew on it . The bow is sold . And still in my possesion . And will be for a few more weeks . Sinew drys fast where i am at due to the heat and are i dry it in ... as far as the tipi village .... i am outraged by the way they are being treated . Period . Read about them and theyre rivers being poisoned by our uncle sM buddy . The same uncle who is about to force you to pay for health ins. Or go to jail . .... im not going to go there . But . I am a proud american who believes in his country and is digusted by its falling lately .... and being from native desent yeah it annoys me to see people being removed from land that they are doing no harm to !!! Say what you want i really do not care gun doc . Freedom of speach sucks huh .... thats america ! As far as contacting mullet to get the guys for the trade stuff ... im going to give it some more time . And i talk to mullet often . He lives close to me and we may even hunt together soon . ( not saying he has the same beliefs as me nore does he agree with anything im saying or that we should be assosiated as friends ) i really like mullet ... i think he is a stand up dude . Straight up . But back to me and what i have said about america . I have the right to be upset with how they are being. And i dont have to agree ... thats what makes this country ..... AMERICA ! have a nice day ... all of you .