Author Topic: "Sow's Ear"  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Onebowonder

Re: "Sow's Ear"
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 01:57:25 pm »
really like the handle on that one.  Very original.  I hope it holds up.  Did the wood grow that way, did you bend it to shape, or did you just carve / cut the handle on the bias?

It's a cut-out or carved handle, ...but then the entire length or the handle piece is backed with another piece of quarter sawn red oak that is over half an inch thick, so it does not bend at all.

OneBow

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 03:55:26 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  Again, really cool and original.  Any chance we could get a close up pic of the handle from the belly side?

Russ

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 06:42:48 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  Again, really cool and original.  Any chance we could get a close up pic of the handle from the belly side?

Russ

To get exactly what you want, we'll have to see if Justin can snap a pic of it once he gets the bow, as it is on the way to him right now in a great big tube.  However; I have a couple pix from when the bow was just being built that may help.  I wish I had one from the belly, but alas I didn't find one.  See if these make it any clearer.

OneBow
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 06:48:05 pm by Onebowonder »

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 08:52:16 pm »
Not to shabby for a guy that smokes rag tobacco and drinks wanna be whiskey. Who taught you how to make tips? He needs his head checked. 8) nice looking bow anyhow man. Glad to see you pull it all together. Well done.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley