Author Topic: '13 XMAS TRADE WORKS IN PROGRESS  (Read 83467 times)

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
Re: '13 XMAS TRADE WORKS IN PROGRESS
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2013, 01:08:27 pm »
Nice work turtle! I've tried making one of those in the past, but could never get it to work.

Thanks. This wasn't my first attempt, but it IS my first successfull all wood firepiston. Now i need to make myself one before i wear this one out.
Steve Bennett

Offline Wylden Freeborne

• This Is Primal War
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2013, 04:24:50 am »
I'm seriously contemplating sending out a breech-clout.  Everyone deserves to feel the freedom to move as they please, unencumbered by heavy textile around their legs yet enjoying having the essentials guarded with soft linen or, better yet, buckskin.

If you drew me, I am a 34 inch waist. I would be STOKED on that! My family will not, so I would miss them very much.
"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization." Emerson

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2013, 04:23:56 pm »
this post is getting pretty quiet guys. lets see what people are up to. i for one have to change plans because my timeline is cutting it too close to the deadline.

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2013, 08:52:51 pm »
Sorry I haven't posted anything, I am working on getting some rawhide, I have the stone and the handle wood, mostly its just a matter of letting the wood dry and then attaching the stone to the stick with the rawhide. I may or may not have time to finish a very small celt but that's still debated in my mind because I may run out of time.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline 4dog

« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2013, 10:07:19 pm »
whats the deadline again?? lol..aaah...no but really..been doin alot...of..other st..uff...  :-\
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2013, 11:05:31 pm »
15th of January is the deadline. Remember that if you really don't have time for a major project to do something easy for your schedule but still very nice for the other person. For someone like me who is full engaged in college work I really don't have time to make a nice bow or set of knapped points, but I can make a warclub that looks good and is of quality using less of my time. It sounds lame but its what I can do, once I'm out of college I might have more time but this is what i have time for.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2013, 12:23:15 am »
So I had my guy in Cali making part of my gift for me. He hired this lady to do all his shipping and stuff. So somehow said lady shipped my package to someone in Missouri, I live in New York. He signed for it and since it had his address on it he doesn't have to give it back. Soooo ups is sending someone to his house and seeing if he will relinquish the package. If not gotta wait for my buddy to do it again. FML
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2013, 12:25:42 am »
Also had other thing in it like my new hand forged draw knife  :'( was my buddies first one. Now some guy named James who probly downt know what it is has it. Over $300 or sharp pointies in someone else's hands, hopefully he does the right thing.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2013, 12:59:33 am »
That's too bad.  Let's hope this guy has some of that Primitive Archer spirit and returns the goodies.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2013, 01:12:50 am »
Man I Hate It when that happens.
That's why I'm always Doubly careful when addressing goods to folks.
Nothing much worse than having the product of my Blood, Sweat and Frustration go missing because I mislabeled the outbound package.

I hope it gets back on track to you.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2013, 06:20:54 pm »
Here is what I have been working on for my recipient.  I don't make bows , yet but I knap so this is going to be my gift. I hope he likes it. Elk handle, Arizona Iron wood butt cap. Burns green obsidian blade.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2013, 06:25:03 pm »
Sweet man

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2013, 07:25:57 pm »
Damn Caveman, that's awesome!

My gift was actually done before the trade started.  I made this with the trade in mind, and it turned out my guy might be into this sort of thing, so hopefully he will like it :)

How soon can we send our gifts out? I can't remember from the original sign up post.

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2013, 07:59:52 pm »
earliest send out date is the 15th of december. latest is the 15th of january. They are both looking pretty sweet! I will be getting to mine soon, just a matter of that rawhide...

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:11:14 pm by ionicmuffin »

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2013, 08:46:18 pm »
Man Cam,

That is one hell of a knife! Love it!

Jon